My workbench

you guys all put me to shame.

i've got a few cutting mats on my dining room table (which i have to clear up after each session!)

new shed being delivered tomorrow tho, of which half has been designated a modelling area! just need to add power and warmth!

I had to add to this, the weird thing is most of these workspaces look the blimmin same.....bizarre really.

Anyway here's mine, I'm lucky in that when we built the extension to the house I put attic trusses up and now I have this fantastic room:

IMG_4835.jpg

IMG_4837.jpg

Oh and I do build flying ones as well, they are so much fun, the TwinStar is serialled XR809, just thought it would be nice to see the serial flying again.

IMG_4836.jpg

And the 'stash' nowhere near as impressive as some folk. Again, weird how we collect these things.........

IMG_4838.jpg

I've currently got more Boeings in production than Seattle at the moment! A KC-135, RC-135, E-3C, E-3A and an E-3D.

IMG_0290.jpg

My beloved shed has a seperate spray area and copious storage for the stash. Also currently stripping and restoring several Dinky Military Vehicles at the moment (my other passion).

Cheers

Ian S.

Here's my workplace, just tidied it up for the photo.......no problem with smelly dangerous odours, though dust, rain, wind, leaves, falling trees, ramblers and vermin are a nuisance to be fair..

6245672977_a3ea0e56a6.jpg

My favourite so far, I think my airfix birds would be well made here...?

Adam

I like this thread is quite amusing but interesting at the same time

I wonder why it's in WIP? But since it is here and interesting - here's mine.

IMG_0062.jpg

That drawer under the working surface goes all the way back and allows me to decant a kit from its box while I still have room to work. When it's time to down tools I shut the roll top and all the paint splashes and glue pots and mess are instantly hidden and protected from dust etc. The windowsill remains a mess but I can always draw the curtains. There's an additional work surface which is above the smaller drawers. It pulls out and has a slate surface, originally intended for children to demonstrate their writing skills. It is a mass produced Victorian teacher's desk originally made in the US and then imported to London. I've modified it with electrical sockets on both sides and removed some of the pigeon hole dividers to improve the storage. The only drawback is the French polish finish which doesn't take kindly to splashes etc. People who are 'precious' about antiques should not be reading this. lol.

I bought it on eBay and had it delivered from Liverpool. Price was about £150, if I recall correctly. Something of a bargain! It even goes with the house, though that's not something I concern myself about.

IMG_0247.jpg

The tinlet drawer. These are all going on ebay soon as I'm converting to acrylics.

I wonder why it's in WIP? But since it is here and interesting - here's mine.

IMG_0062.jpg

That is a seriously nice piece of furniture & good on you for actually using it for it's intended purpose (for creating things, wether it be writing or splashing paint arount) rather than sat in the corner being polished once a week!!

Edited by dogbrush

That is a seriously nice piece of furniture & good on you for actually using it for it's intended purpose (for creating things, wether it be writing or splashing paint arount) rather than sat in the corner being polished once a week!!

Thanks, I write at it too. lol.

How do chaps,

Here's a couple of pics of my 'state of the art work shop'...... in other words, the shed! B) This is where the bulk of the stash is errrm.... stashed and where I do all of my spraying. I was very chuffed when I was told that I could colonise the shed for modelling applications :wub: Need to check it out for :spider: every so often tho! Only problem is I have to pack away my compressor, air brush etc away during winter to protect them from frost. Did this last November due to expecting it to be freezing before long. Trust us to have a very mold winter thus far. Will now wait til spring to unpack and get spraying again. This means that I build during the colder months and paint them when the weather warms up a bit.

During warmer weather I do my building in the Conservatory and in the spare room in the winter months where I have a small desk and my PC which I like to watch classic war movies on whilst modelling.

004-11.jpg

The workbench was fitted by the previous occupier (my good lady's ex) My only gripe is that I have to share the shed with various bits of gardening thingies. I would like to have it all to myself and fit leccy and insulate it etc, but my other half says NO! :offtopic:

Still, I spose i'm luckier than most!

002-15.jpg

The red tool chest is from Halfords and stores most of my paints and bits etc.

003-14.jpg

Regards,

Steve

I bet she was really pee'd off with you when you made that awful blue paint splash on the wall.

paintsplash my bottom he masked it square and pretended it was an accident when it was really just cleaning the brush out lol

You guys are really organized aren't you. I won't post photos of mine but not having a member of the fair sex trundleing around causing trouble I get the whole place to play with. Although funnily enough the kitchen has seen more models built than meals cooked (I've built 2 since moving in and I've done that much cooking here I'm not even sure if the stove/oven actually work)I do need to organize things better and I really have to get one of those green cutting mats :D