Tamiya 1/48th Lanc

With a lil bit of touching up, she's gonna look excellent, keep on with the good work Max. Those white bits on the letters look like paint chips. Had my share of set backs so I can feel for you, but I've got complete confidence that you'll get her sorted based on what I've seen of your skills :thumbsup2:

With a lil bit of touching up, she's gonna look excellent, keep on with the good work Max. Those white bits on the letters look like paint chips. Had my share of set backs so I can feel for you, but I've got complete confidence that you'll get her sorted based on what I've seen of your skills :thumbsup2:

Hmm, that same thought about chipped paint had occurred to me, but ME453 lastyed exactly 4 weeks from delivery to the squadron, so she was virtually brand new - lost on her sixth op.

Max

It may be a bit frustrating at the moment but it is going to look really special when its finished. Stick with it.

Martin

Thank you Martin - I had to walk away from it yesterday but I'm back on the case this morning - already filled in the black "chips" and it's looking better straight away!

• 2 weeks later...

Just persevere young man and all will be well. Ability evolves. Oddly enough I feel bound to say that your skills have improved considerably over the last year or two. But having said that I don't want another Christmas card this year with one of your boring models on it!! And don't forget the stamp this year either!!!!

Just persevere young man and all will be well. Ability evolves. Oddly enough I feel bound to say that your skills have improved considerably over the last year or two. But having said that I don't want another Christmas card this year with one of your boring models on it!! And don't forget the stamp this year either!!!!

You mean old git, 'bout time you paid for some postage...........and at this rate you'll be lucky to get any form of Christmas card.

I think I should inform those of a kindly disposition on this topic that their kind words and generous encouragement is misplaced - whatever you may have heard Max is far from a kindly ageing gentleman who struggles with model making. So please be honest about his sad attempts at modelling. His son does most of it anyway.

I think I should inform those of a kindly disposition on this topic that their kind words and generous encouragement is misplaced - whatever you may have heard Max is far from a kindly ageing gentleman who struggles with model making. So please be honest about his sad attempts at modelling. His son does most of it anyway.

I guess you two know each other well then?

Antony

I guess you two know each other well then?

I suppose you could say we are kindred spirits - original grumpy old men - and I think the perceptive Woody was was of the opinion that it was you who needed a slap old boy - for cheating!! No on second thoughts do not want to lower the tone any further.

But you see the truth is that this old Dorst relic does produce some pretty good work - and so being disparaging about his workmanship can be freely practiced, knowing it won't be taken to heart.

Edited by miduppergunner

• 4 years later...

Brilliant modelling, just started this model myself, first time using PE so your photos etc. are giving me great inspiration. I look forward to following the build.

Max,

Blimey ! I seem to be missing a lot of nice builds{ when they are so low I don't always see them }.

this is absolutely BRILLIANT. :yikes::thumbsup:

Liking what you have done so far Max...

are you still on with this or is it done ..thank you :coolio:

Shall we say it's "in the pending tray"!! I really do miss the banter that David (mid upper gunner) and I used to have, he seems to have disappeared without trace. The trouble is that I'm distracted by LSPs these days Maru, but the Lanc will be finished one day. :)

Max

• 6 months later...