My build

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I have just located 2 White Ensign detail sets I'd forgotton I'd purchased, 3 months ago. I'll be building TW900 EM F of 115 Squadron.

207Sqn4.jpg

Don't normally have a lot of luck with etch so fingers crossed. I also have a few left over parts from a Hasegawa Lanc I'll try to incorporate. I don't think the tail turret is right in the drawing, I think it should be a FN82 with twin .5inch.

Regards

Paul

Hi all

I have started.

002-1.jpg

I have also remembered I have some resin treaded wheels supplied by a friend. I'd put them away and forgotton them. Having decided to use the etch brass I've now decided to only use the easy bits. I took the pilots seat of the sprue and bent it. First part first fold, ollox.

Regards

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

a bit of spare time today so a little update.

Acouple of bits I'll need, spare paddle props from Hurrinuts Revell Lanc

005-1.jpg

Seeing as I naffed up the etch seat I took to head armour off it and ased on the kit seat. I painted the interior Teerschwartz by Revell.

004.jpg

Wheel wells. Note, this was the second one I did and learned from the first to remove the two sections at the rear to aid fitting.

008.jpg

This was the first and as you can see it doesn't fit right. It'll be fine once the kit is done as no one will see it but I expect a better job one the second well.

002-2.jpg

Regards

Paul

Hi all

just a small update. We can see I have added the nacelles to the wings. The top picture shows the wing to nacelle joint as glued, no filler at all. I think a good sand to even out the level is all I'll need.

As usual the rear neath had to have Milliput added to bridge the large gap, seen best on the wing at the left of the bottom picture. There is always a large gap here. On the wing at the right you can see that I have also had to fill a gap along the whole length of the necelle. As with the other wing I used milliput for the rear section but tubed plastic putty for the forward section. The difference can be seen as Milliput is green and the putty is white. I have not sanded down either in this picture, they were both smoothed with a damp ear bud. Also note the difference in the finish of the two outer nacelles. The one on the left has only been sanded. The one on the right has also been sanded to the same level but then I coated it with liquid poly, my favourite way to buff up the finish. Takes two seconds to do and only a few minutes to dry and saves having to use progressivly finer pieces of wet and dry

0022.jpg

0032.jpg

Regards

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Got cracking on after deciding all that etch was solwing me down. Starboard lower wing not painted yet but gives some idea of finished item. Looks kinda plain but weathering will take care of that later in the build

001-2.jpg

Regards

Paul

Looks lovely Paul, that white scheme will be really striking.

Keep up the good work!

Mark

Hi all

Got cracking on after deciding all that etch was solwing me down. Starboard lower wing not painted yet but gives some idea of finished item. Looks kinda plain but weathering will take care of that later in the build

Regards

Paul

Hi all

slow it may be but moving along it is.

0014.jpg

Not sure about the walkway markings but am sure that this Lanc has 84" roundels on the wing instead of the WW2 100". Wings and tailplanes not glued in place yet. Will be buying some more bits for this build at T'uddersfield show tomorrow. I like the difference in the cowlings, makes it more interesting,

Regards

Paul

Hi all

had a go at the weathering. Mmmm, not sure. I might need some touching up here and there. After I had purchased and placed the squadron codes I realized that the 'M' is the wrong style, no worries I can sort that.

0034.jpg

0043.jpg

I've tried to find a piccie of EM F on the t'interweb to show the state of the real a/c but can't. There are some in June 2008 issue of Model Aircraft Monthly but not sure of copyright so I won't scan and post them. Fair to say it's not spot on but is good enough for me so far. Rear of fuselage to weather yet,

Regards

Paul

• 2 weeks later...