Welcome to the Lancaster Single Type Group Build

Hi Gang and welcome to the Lancaster Single Type Group Build, which is the first SIG build on Britmodeller

This is the thread for everyone to list their builds and for general chat

Below is a list of the names of people who have said they're going to contribute so far, feel free to join in as the more people we can get involved the better!

Antony Robertson

Daz Greenwood

Spitfire23bc

Honeybee

Canberraman

Worm

Deon

Gcn

RAF colonel

Andrew

Alpha Delta 210

Chadders

Micha

Danny

Paul

Galgos

Smiffy

Tim Dix

John laidlaw

Martin hale

Woody 37

Potato Pete

Roland Pulfrew

SLoB

Silverburn

Dylan the rabbit

Racedees

P-26luvr

Airbus320

I'll update the list as more people join in

Antony

Edited by Antony Robertson

Micha and Paul added to the list, welcome guys

thanks, Antony

btw ... I'm in with the Amodel 144th kit.

"Avro Lancaster B.III Dambuster"

Awww... go on then, you'd better stick my name down. :)

I can't not join in on this one, seeing as the Lanc is of very special interest to me. :wub:

I've got a lot to choose from, so I'll have a think about which kit/version I'm gonna do .

At the moment, I'm leaning towards a Hase ASR Mk.III, but that may change. :hmmm:

Awww... go on then, you'd better stick my name down. :)

I can't not join in on this one, seeing as the Lanc is of very special interest to me. :wub:

I've got a lot to choose from, so I'll have a think about which kit/version I'm gonna do .

At the moment, I'm leaning towards a Hase ASR Mk.III, but that may change. :hmmm:

You're in, welcome!

Antony

May I join in please? :unsure:

As long as they don't have to be completed in the next few weeks I hope to complete a few :pray:

I have two B.I's that have stalled (due to a posting and buying a house), another I'm very keen to start, one I may be building for a work project and I treated myself to a Lincoln conversion for Christmas if that's allowed? :tomato:

Danny

May I join in please? :unsure:

As long as they don't have to be completed in the next few weeks I hope to complete a few :pray:

I have two B.I's that have stalled (due to a posting and buying a house), another I'm very keen to start, one I may be building for a work project and I treated myself to a Lincoln conversion for Christmas if that's allowed? :tomato:

Danny

Hi Danny

How far along are the started builds? No problems with the unstarted kits, but I'm trying to keep started ones below 30% completed to be eligible.

Antony

Hi Danny

How far along are the started builds? No problems with the unstarted kits, but I'm trying to keep started ones below 30% completed to be eligible.

Antony

Hi Antony,

Both are well below the 30% mark. I've painted the floor and modifed the Wireless Operator/Nav's bench on one (which is the Hasegawa kit) while the second is the Revell kit and I've painted the seat so far. :blush: I'd started them six months ago but put them to one side as that's when I was posted and haven't done any more work to them since because house hunting, work and detachments have gotten in the way. I've overseas at the moment but I hope to get back to my modelling in Feb - to say I've got itchy fingers is an understatement!! :lol:

Danny

Hi Antony,

Both are well below the 30% mark. I've painted the floor and modifed the Wireless Operator/Nav's bench on one (which is the Hasegawa kit) while the second is the Revell kit and I've painted the seat so far. :blush: I'd started them six months ago but put them to one side as that's when I was posted and haven't done any more work to them since because house hunting, work and detachments have gotten in the way. I've overseas at the moment but I hope to get back to my modelling in Feb - to say I've got itchy fingers is an understatement!! :lol:

Danny

Hi Danny

No problem at all with all your builds, welcome aboard!

Antony

Thanks Antony, I also just noticed the dates are on the GB thread title. I'm sorry for having a 'senior' moment. hmmm, i will have a think and maybe enter on the weekend, I do love my 4 engined heavies.

Hi all

Does anyone know the best way to get hold of the BBMF or anybody on here who may be involved in it at all?

Thanks

Antony

If it's to look around the Lancaster then the best way would be either to visit the visitor centre or contact them at RAF Conningsby I'd have thought.

Danny

Hi Antony, I did decide to join in the fun! I've started a thread for a B.I from 106 Sqn. You can put my name in the list too if you like :)

Also, has anyone done any GB banners? I can whip a few together but if anyone else has got some on the go? Possibly a little thread in the important topics section would be a neat idea.

Edited by rowmk9

Bloody hell, didn't notice this until today.

Would a Manchester conversion count in this ?

I've ordered the HBM conversion set from Smudge and if I have time, would like to partcipate. If not I can always get my Dambuster done.