normal_DSC04910.JPG

normal_DSC04916.JPG

normal_DSC04917.JPG

Edited by Micha

• 3 weeks later...

Type: Avro Lancaster Mk.I

Scale: 1/72

Kit: Revell

Colours used: Lifecolor Weathered Black undersides, Xtracrylix top camo and various for detail.

Extras used: Eduard Masks and Zoom P.E. set, weighted resin wheels, Quickboost machine gun barrels, aftermarket decals (for codes)

Full build report:HERE (plus a few more pics)

Notes: R5700 was from of 106 Squadron, RAF Bomber Command. She belly landed at Hardwick on 14th January 1943 after a raid on Essen but was repaired and put back into service. Nine months later she went missing in action on a raid to Hannover on the 22nd September.

p1060636t.jpg

p1060617h.jpg

p1060606t.jpg

p1060630o.jpg

p1060624x.jpg

Edited by rowmk9

Really enjoyed making this although had a few problems at the painting stage for various reasons, mostly my limited skills !

The kit was put together using the HBM conversion from Smudge, Quickboost gun barrels, decals from Colin's decalbank and clear bits masked with the Eduard mask set. The camoflage was done with Xtracrylix, which although are excellent, are somewhat darker than the enamel equivelents which dissapointed me a bit when standing it next to the Lanc I did using the enamels. In future, I'll lighten them by adding a drop of white or L.A. Grey.

By the time I put the kit together and sat it on the UC frames, it was leaning to one side, so the tire pressures in the main wheels were offset to compensate using the iron !!!!!

DSC02530.jpg

DSC02529.jpg

DSC02528.jpg

DSC02527.jpg

DSC02500.jpg

DSC02502.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all

There comes a point where you have to say done. The time is now as I'm losing interest and moving on to my next project.

007.jpg

0062.jpg

0053.jpg

0045.jpg

I didn't use all the etch in the sets I had. I'd like to thank Hurrinut for allowing me to raid one of his Revell Lancs for spares,

Regards

Paul

BBMF Lanc, kind of as it would have been during operational use. Its the first time I have used an airbrush for camo.

Oh, and I know that the exhaust staining is wrong, whoops, nevermind!

Hope you like it.

Tim

DSCF1133.jpg

DSCF1136.jpg

DSCF1139.jpg

DSCF1137.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really really sorry that I didn't get my Lanc finished in time for the end-date - it will be completed and added to the "Ready for Inspection" part of the forum eventually. However as promised, I have 2 copies of the "Aviation Classics - Avro Lancaster" book here waiting for the final results. Perhaps Anthony you can allocate them as you see fit and let me know so that I can post them to the winners?

Regards

Max

PS Woody gets my vote for a beautifully made and finished Manchester.

Edited by galgos