New Halifax from Revell

Mike M

Exactly. I very much doubt we would have seen Revell produce a kit of the Gannet unless it had been operated by the Deutsch Marine. I don't think the 1:72 Hunters really flew off the shelves either - they must have had quite a bit of inventory left as Modelzone ended up with piles of them half price in their sale last year. The only classic British jet they might produce is the Seahawk - that was flown by the Deutsche Marine too, and they've taken on Trumpeter head to head in the past (Gannet)

I've seen some people saying the 1/32 and 1/72 Hunters sold quite well. Whether they did or not I don't know but I'd be surprised if one of the most beautiful jets ever made didn't make money for Revell. It's a well known and popular jet amongst aviation enthusiasts and aircraft modellers throughout Europe, and to a lesser extent in the US and Australia.

Anyway, I think it's great that Revell's doing a new tool Halifax and there seems to be a good buzz about it on this and other forums.

Edited by SeaVenom

Probably. They seem to be progressing through the British & American 4-engined bombers of WW2, I doubt that Hasegawa's output has much bearing on it.

Hopefully the Ju-88 will be the first 1/72 offering of this type with reasonable cockpit detail,

Cheers,

Bill.

Somehow I doubt that we will ever see a Revell Stirling, even though it would be a sight to behold!

MH

Somehow I doubt that we will ever see a Revell Stirling, even though it would be a sight to behold!

MH

I didn't expect to see a newly tooled Halifax, especially from Revell. I thought it would be at least a few years before any manufacturer did one as it's not as famous as the Lancaster or B17. It seems to be more popular than I thought (judging from the various forums anyway).

I actually prefer the Halifax Mk.I/II to the Lancaster and it's probably my favourite WW2 bomber.

I've seen some people saying the 1/32 and 1/72 Hunters sold quite well. Whether they did or not I don't know but I'd be surprised if one of the most beautiful jets ever made didn't make money for Revell.

Perhaps they simply didn't perform as well as Revell expected?

Perhaps they simply didn't perform as well as Revell expected?

The 1/32 one I believe fell prey to the frequently observed phenomenon of hordes of people on the internet putting it on their wish-lists but not actually having the room for them in real life. I have one in the loft, mind you. I am surprised that the 1/72 didn't do well, if that is indeed the case. I wish I had bought a few when it came out but was mainly into 1/48 at the time and blithely assumed that being a mainstream Revell kit it would not go into short supply. If it ever comes out again I will stock up. The 1/144 one is lovely, too.

My LMS proprietor claims to have seen a photo, and described the Z or Tempsford nose. So we are to get a Mk.II ser1(special) - which is not one of the options given by Matchbox. Also, from description, a Type C dorsal turret. I got the impression that he'd seen it........- but as that followed a description of drag reduction on the ser I(Special), perhaps he wasn't claiming to have seen that? The Type C wasn't a Matchbox option either.

No need, there's a conversion available.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.p...opic=59839&

You need a lot more than engines to make a decent job of it, as the thread shows!

I'm looking forward to a good Halifax, any version, but I have plenty to keep me going until 2013 if that's when it's due!

Hi

A merlin version would be nice as would a radial halifax,then there would be some decent cheap engines to convert the revell lanc to a MKII

cheers

Jerry

The"Halibag" is my favourite of the four engined heavies so I can't wait for this one. Until the new tool comes along I have the matchbox one to play with. Hope I don't have to wait too long though.

• 1 month later...
Just to resuract this thread, I seen a picture on't internet last night of the new one finished and painted, although can't find it now ! Can anyone shed any light on it ?

Revell have been showing a mockup at some shows, presumably based on their current ex-Matchbox tooling.

We'll see the usual roughly built prototype and sprue shots before we see a properly finished prototype,

Cheers,

Bill.

As I said in another thread, Revell already list the Matchbox Halifax in their range, there'd be little sense in them listing it again as a 2010 release (when its already current) and giving it a new catalogue number.

The list says new tool and I have no reason to doubt that.

did anyone notice the 32nd scale sea lynx in the same list could be interesting methinks

This is the info from the Revell website.

http://www.revell.de/index.php?id=210&...=04670&sp=1

Goodo - I like sound of the detailed interior :)

Maybe the words "new tool" appearing on Revell's own website might convince the "oh, it'll be the Matchbox kit again" crowd to put a sock in it? I'll not hold my breath ;)

Goodo - I like sound of the detailed interior :)

Maybe the words "new tool" appearing on Revell's own website might convince the "oh, it'll be the Matchbox kit again" crowd to put a sock in it? I'll not hold my breath ;)

Sounds like they are continuing where they left off with their new B-17. If the interior is up to the same standard as that kit it'll be well worth waiting for.

Looking at the turrets and guns, that's still the Matchbox kit, not a new test shot. Heraldcoupe said that the they were using the MB kit at shows a few posts ago.

I can see them using the MB kit on the stand etc as they will have it to hand, perhaps the new Halifax has not arrived even in test shot form yet.

Lets be honest how many at a toy fair would know the difference?? noramlly revel are very upfront about whats new and whats other tool.

Julien