1/72 RNZAF Canberra B(I).12

Airfix's 1:72 B(I).8 built as the box option for a B(I).12 of my native RNZAF, as they appeared from 1964-1970. Incurable issues with the decals meant only the essentials got applied, with the roundels being replaced by Ventura ones. Some of the airfix decals that are applied appear silvered due to surface texture, not becaue they are actually silvered. The wing mounted towel-rail aerial and blade aerial near the cockpit peculiar to the RNZAF were scratchbuilt, and most of the panel-lines that on the fuselage and rudder that are'nt that visible on the real thing were filled in. Painted with Tamiya sprays and acrylics, and weathered with pastels. Not my most fun build ever, and definitely not my best work, despite my best efforts ;) The model will shortly be taking up position in my father's lounge (next to a Revell 1/32 Hunter), since he was around the Canberra a lot during his time in the RNZAF, and is still fond of the beast :).

*Edit* Build thread here: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=45229

can32.jpg

can33.jpg

can35.jpg

can38.jpg

can36.jpg

can34.jpg

Edited by mumbles

Great looking Cranberry, I never realised they were used by the RNZAF.

Thanks all, very generous ;):D

Great looking Cranberry, I never realised they were used by the RNZAF.

Thanks. The RNZAF operated 17 B.2's and a T.4 loaned from the RAF between 1958 and 1962 (75 Sqn), before purchasing 10 B.(I)12's and 2 T.13's for use by 14 Sqn from 1959 to 1970. Replaced in RNZAF service by the A-4K in 1970, with the Canberras being on sold to the Indian AF :).