bertrande2c

Sorry guys about the pictures, here they are :

AlbatrosDV49.jpg

AlbatrosDV50.jpg

AlbatrosDV51.jpg

AlbatrosDV52.jpg

AlbatrosDV53.jpg

AlbatrosDV54.jpg

The wires hanging between the guns are the aileron control cables that will be attached later under the upper wing (now holding with tape not to loose them)

I used several shades of green and mauve to gradually fade the original colors and then very diluted Gunze Smoke with my airbrush to add some shade along the ribs, but without any mask this time. Then I added "stains" of different oil colors with a tiny brush to reproduce more weathering.

Neht step will be fixing wings and rigging...Lot of fun!

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Amazing work. Could you please disclose what color the base coat was for the wood grain for your cockpit and the finish. I tired using flesh tones for the base and doing the different colored clears over the top after penciling in the grain of the wood. Again hats off to you and your excellent attention to detail. Love he Bayern blue and white colors.

Superb workmanship - the best I've seen so far.

I've bought this WNW kit myself but after seeing yours I think I am going to be reluctant to post pictures and show my humble efforts compared to yours!!!

Epeeman

• Like 1

Bonjour, Bertrand,

Just spotted this topic with all the excellent photos. Thanks to Normanviking and Epeeman for renewing the thread. I can't quite conceive of the masking job you refer to on the first page. Are you saying you actually cut out, masked and placed each individual diamond? Yikes!! Any chance you took any pictures during that process? I have the (1/72) Americal set with Wolf's DV and often dream of starting on that, but somehow I doubt that it would turn out without having to slit the decals in order to conform to the fuselage curves, and can't imagine that that would come out looking good. Has anyone tried those decals? And if so, on which kit? Pegasus, Roden, Eduard, or other?

By the way, Bertrand, your English is as perfect as your Albatros. What a magnificent effort!!

Bob C.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Amazing!

I'm now so depressed - my first ever WNW kit (the new DH.9) arrived yesterday, and now it will go to the back of the queue while I ponder on how far I have to go before I can attempt to do it justice ...

Well done Bertrand, you are a master.

Bertrand2c.

I have seen some really splendid models on BM...homegrown aircrafts etc BUT your model is PHENOMENAL in detailed

workmanship....The engine is SPECTACULAR. ...I adore engines and yours IS STUPENDOUS... :heart:

In fact its One of the BEST in all I have had the pleasure to see. I like the Albatross. . :mike:

KUDOS. ....

• 1 year later...

Thank you everybody for your comments. To answer Normanviking, the base coat for the cockpit wood grain was Tamiya XF 59, then after some "grey pencilling", I airbrushed a coat of mixed Gunze transparent yellow and orange to give this finish.

And yes, I did all the masking job by placing each diamond individually on the white overall finish, the decals here would not have the final effect I wanted to achieve: seeing wood veins under the paint!

• 4 weeks later...