Airfix- lets see now

Mentalguru

Remember to add...New Tool! And then how'bout an AV8A, than a GR-1 maybe a Gr-3....and a TAV-8A....T4 ...well you get my point!

I could do 5 FRS-1 easily...

Pre Falklands EDSG/W

Falklands cammo

Falklands Barley Gray

Indian Navy

FA-2

I already have the decals for #1 and #4!

If it were up to me, I would do it thus:

Design a core range of kits based around common tolling (not unlike the Esci kits).

So, you'd have a sprue of common parts like wings, tailplanes, u/c, intakes, fan, nozzles etc... The nose cones for the GR.1/GR.3 and various RWR could also be on here, you;d just mark them off as "not for use" where appropriate.

I would mould three different fuselages, GR.1/GR.3 common (with a break at the nose), FRS.1 and FA.2. The SHAR specific stuff like pylons, weapons, cockpit, airbrake etc... would be done as a separate sprue.

That way you could market it as a GR.1/AV-8A (RAF, USMC, Spanish and Thai), GR.3 (RAF), FRS.1 (RN, India) and FA/2 (RN). The arrangement of the tools meant that if you wanted to do a two seater, it would be just another fuselage and some cockpit bits as everything else would already be there.

Speaking hypothetically, of course...

If it were up to me, I would do it thus:

Design a core range of kits based around common tolling (not unlike the Esci kits).

So, you'd have a sprue of common parts like wings, tailplanes, u/c, intakes, fan, nozzles etc... The nose cones for the GR.1/GR.3 and various RWR could also be on here, you;d just mark them off as "not for use" where appropriate.

I would mould three different fuselages, GR.1/GR.3 common (with a break at the nose), FRS.1 and FA.2. The SHAR specific stuff like pylons, weapons, cockpit, airbrake etc... would be done as a separate sprue.

That way you could market it as a GR.1/AV-8A (RAF, USMC, Spanish and Thai), GR.3 (RAF), FRS.1 (RN, India) and FA/2 (RN). The arrangement of the tools meant that if you wanted to do a two seater, it would be just another fuselage and some cockpit bits as everything else would already be there.

I'll have a couple of each please!!!

Of course... :lol:

Lets hope this may be something they are looking at. A few years back I suggested virtually the same thing to the then Accurate Miniatures when they were rumored to be doing a tin-wing Harrier. But hopes for that died with Accurate Miniatures version 1.0, we did get the Harrier II though, from Hasegawa, but without weapons ...a real *itch if you are doing a GR-5 or GR-7!

Matt

Of course... :lol:

Lets hope this may be something they are looking at. A few years back I suggested virtually the same thing to the then Accurate Miniatures when they were rumored to be doing a tin-wing Harrier. But hopes for that died with Accurate Miniatures version 1.0, we did get the Harrier II though, from Hasegawa, but without weapons ...a real *itch if you are doing a GR-5 or GR-7!

Matt

One must live and let Accurate Miniatures continue with their release schedule of earth shattering choices...

Personally I feel If Airfix pulled out the stops and produced a top notch Shar they would sell bucketfuls. Now, the could also do a Pucara and then also sell them in a box set- would be a big hit in South America

A few years back I suggested virtually the same thing to the then Accurate Miniatures when they were rumored to be doing a tin-wing Harrier. But hopes for that died with Accurate Miniatures version 1.0, we did get the Harrier II though, from Hasegawa, but without weapons ...a real *itch if you are doing a GR-5 or GR-7!

Matt

The Acc Min Harrier was a real project, but it was a Harrier II and was going to be a co-operative effort with Airfix, AM doing the US versions and Airfix doing the British. Trevor Snowden and Bill Bosworth even went to Cherry Point to photograph and measure up aircraft - I've got hundred of pics from that trip here, including a GR.7 that was visiting and that TAV-8B with the eagle painted on the fin).

I would also argue that, despite Hasegawa's kits, there would be a market for a 1/48 Airfix Harrier II family as well. I think they could sell enough into their core market alone to make it work, and make a proper GR.7 into the bargain as well as the two-seaters.

Hypothetically speaking, again, of course.

All of those would be quite fine, but let them sort out the mess of the Tonka F3 first then go to other pursuits!!!

hi all

i'm fairly new to this group and i do read it with some interest.

i'm shure you'll all agree that post war british subjects are more popular than ever with manufacturors these day's.and i'm posative that we will see a lot more in the future,wether you model 48th or 72nd scales.i for one do 72nd and to that matter have heard the romours of new lightnings ,sea vixens ,canbera's and look forward to them immensily.

but how about....

buccaneers

scimitars

swift

javelin

aew gannet

vampires

venoms

argossy

belverdier

added to those above and probably a few i forgoten will do fine .

ps i don't really care who tools them as long as they are good.....

happy modelling glenn.

Not for me :thumbsdown:

Woah Nelly! I thought we were having a Harrier Fast Jet GB on the ATF 'cos you wanted to do one :huh: .

Honestly, you write your car off driving to the model store to get a 1/72 Airfix Harrier to take part in the GB, then the instigators not interested. (Wanders off muttering and moaning!) :rolleyes::P

Avro York :thumbsup2: , might as well do the Manchester's aswell if you're doing some new sprues!

Best

Rich

Woah Nelly! I thought we were having a Harrier Fast Jet GB on the ATF 'cos you wanted to do one :huh: .

Honestly, you write your car off driving to the model store to get a 1/72 Airfix Harrier to take part in the GB, then the instigators not interested. (Wanders off muttering and moaning!) :rolleyes::P

Speaking personally, not 1:48 & not a Sea Harrier :deadhorse:

1:72 GR.7's & T.10's are fine, but I've got those :evil_laugh:

Edited by Ratch

Indeed there is, well not all of the Flightpath set only select parts. Also a Neomega cockpit under the masking.

Got much the same laid past for a future build and that Flightpath set is something else! Any chance we'll see some more progress on this one?