Hasegawa F-4E Phantom 1/48

I've got a view things on the go at the moment 1/32 tomcat, 1/48 f-16, 1/48 A-10C electric hog but seeing as I did the cockpit for a tutorial I thought I would build the hole thing.

So here we go it's the Hasegawa F-4E Phantom 1/48 and I thought I would do it as this little gem.

0195348.jpg

So this is going to be a quick out of the box build with just the odd little bit added.

First the cockpit

DSCF5768.jpg

Dark gull grey for the tub and Flat black for the panels

CP2P.jpg

Light wash for the panels

CP4P.jpg

A quick bit of dry brushing and the the dark wash around the cockpit far some weathering.

DSCF5785.jpg

DSCF5786.jpg

A few drops of light wash for the front panel.

DSCF5787.jpg

More to come :thumbsup:

You are The master of the speed build :bow:

Quick question - do you still sell your non-comission builds such as this?

Thanks Nev,

Yes I do, the only model I have is the Royal Navy Phantom for the group build :(

I should be building some for next year though, for display models for the wash and other things.

OK a few more Cockpit in and fuselage together, nose and intakes on.

DSCF5791.jpg

The usual thing with the intakes. If you look carefully at the top of the join there is a slight seam that makes the difference between a perfect fit and a filler job.

DSCF5792.jpg

The same with the nose a few minutes dry fitting and sanding makes the perfect join.

DSCF5795.jpg

More later

Looking good as always Phil. Just a quick question, what is the size of the brush you are using for the instrument faces?

Give Harve a tug of the ears and a flick on the nose from me!

Greg

Looking good as always Phil. Just a quick question, what is the size of the brush you are using for the instrument faces?

Give Harve a tug of the ears and a flick on the nose from me!

Greg

Cheers Greg, Very small. I don't no what the size is as I cut them down but it's the one in the pic with the instrument panels.

Haves a bit under the weather at the moment as he has a bit of arthritis in his shoulder. So he's taking it easy for a few days.

Looking great Phil!!!

Have done a bit of a wash on the panel lines? They look like so!!!

I have been using the kit to test the wash on, If it works on a very shinny plastic I know it will work on a painted model. I have another one witch has a very flat rough coat to make sure it comes of too.

Phil,

How long does it take to build up and spray one of these beasts?

Looking good so far.

:worthy:

Phantom of the Britmodeler ^_^

The hasegawa kits are great they build up very fast. I built the 'J' in under two days once <<HERE>>

Edited by Phil @ Promodeller

Cheers Greg, Very small. I don't no what the size is as I cut them down but it's the one in the pic with the instrument panels.

Haves a bit under the weather at the moment as he has a bit of arthritis in his shoulder. So he's taking it easy for a few days.

Try some Vitamin C tablets as for some reason in Hounds they dont prevent colds :winkgrin: but ease the symptoms and protect against arthritis. Oh and cod liver oil tablets, one twice a week help too!

See, not only modeling but pet advice as well!

I am naughty, I should be working on other things but it must be something in the air, as I've got the Phantom bug again and can't help but work on it.

Oh no! I ordered some more Phantom bit last night too. That means I'll have to build another on too :analintruder: Perhaps it's to do with me experimenting with facial Hair Oh well.............

Sorry ramblings of a mad man.......

Cockpit masked, on and sprayed.

DSCF5800.jpg

A coat of primer all over

DSCF5801.jpg

Preshaded and ready for paint tomorrow.

DSCF5802.jpg

Phil sorry to hear you got that terrible bug!!!! Really there is no medical cure at this day for your problem.... you are a condemned man!!!!

More phantoms...more phantoms...more phantoms.......more I think this bug is on its way up here to scotland!!!!!!!!

Excelletn and clean work matey!!!!!!!!!!!

A few more shots

Painted up the wells and blue tacked them shut.

DSCF5804.jpg

Bottom colour on of FS36622 or in my case VMA 045

DSCF5805.jpg

Tan on next FS30219 VMA026

DSCF5806.jpg

The two greens on next FS34102 VMA092 and FS34079 VMA016

DSCF5808.jpg

Next I mask up for spraying the metal areas I sprayed the stainless steel and magnesium.

DSCF5811.jpg

DSCF5812.jpg

Thinking ahead, I'm not sure what load to put on it, Any ideas?????????????