The progress of late last night and early this morning:
The railings are in place (found them tricky little things) as well as a few little touches, like the life buoy thingy (not up on my nautical terminology!). The boat has also been flat coated with two stages, Lifecolor's flat base and xtracrylix flat varnish, in that order. The lifecolor turned some parts whitish (same happened on my Lancaster build) so I used the Xtracrylix to try and work some of the white patches out, and the major offending areas were given touch ups with watered-down base colours. In places it looks good though, giving a variation in tone and a salty look to some bits
Other things to note - The guns aren't finished yet and the flag pole has been replaced with wire, for the simple reason that the plastic one was poorly moulded with lots of thick flash.
I'm fairly satisfied with the weathering on the hull so far. I forgot to say that before the flat coats went on, certain weld lines were picked out in either RLM02 or with thinned down Tamiya X-19 Smoke. When I get some daytime pictures without flash the effects will hopefully be more visible. I've since added some rust that hopefully isn't overdone!
I've nearly nearly finished her now, I've only got to paint the floats on the rigging and take pictures. Update to follow before teatime, unless the rugby stops play
Edited by rowmk9, 26 February 2011 - 01:39 PM.