KUTA Kick-off

TonyG

Well, finally got some time to start my entry on KUTA III. THe list is looong , and I've just found another one lurking in the back of a cupboard. But I'll start with this:

5271420292_4b2f4a3234.jpg

Two Armorfast Jagdpanthers, and Dragon's PzKpfw I Ausf.A which has been in this state for nearly a year now.

• 2 weeks later...

After a couple of abortive starts, a streaming cold, Christmas shopping and a bad dose of CBA, I've made some progress.

5304125257_d76251e5c6.jpg

Jagdpanther 1 - wheels/tracks painted and given a wash (still need a bit of work) and attached.

Jagdpanther 2 - mostly assembled, wheels/tracks painted and given a wash.

Panzer I - Photoetch attached, main hull built. You can't see them but there are two tiny PE brackets beneath each of the exhaust heatshields. Had to fight the carpet monster for two of them. Twice. So, in the words of Magnus Magnesium "I've started, so I'll finish".

keep it up Tony

nice to see things without wings in the GB too, I wish my interest extended further than just aircraft.

Dave

Paint now on the Jagdpanthers. Decided to do one in winter camo for a change.

5325184072_7301113ba3.jpg

The Panzer I is heading for the paintshop now. And the Revell Lightning F6 (in the background) has finally had the panel lines etched and the wings attached.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the Panzer I so far, with paint and decals. 24 hours late thanks to last night's Horizon on BBC2 - 'What is Reality'. Fascinating stuff.

5368417268_a9eec3141a.jpg

5367806855_ac97027d15.jpg

Next step - finish the detailing and try my hand at weathering.

Edited by TonyG

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got round to the detailing and weathering on the Panzer I, so I think it's now finished. Weathered a bit with a thin black wash (which doesn't show up too well here) followed by MIG pigments - light panzer grey and European dust. For some reason The wooden block on the back looks far too red in the photos. More pics in the galllery.

5429426844_79936f7fcb.jpg

1/72 Armorfast Jagdpanthers also finished, here lined up with a few other 'fighting 88s' (l-r revell Nashorn, Trumpeter Jagdpanther, Drago Jagdpanther, the two Armorfast Jagdpanthers)

5428824017_d7db2d06eb.jpg

Now, what's next... maybe the dust-covered Impreza that's been stalled for a few years... think there's still time during this GB.

Edited by TonyG