Harrier Send-Off - Show us your models

ChocksAway

2-6.jpg

This is a very, very, very, good piccie.....the only thing that keeps it from being outstandingly great.....is it's missing is

Tornado F3's and GR4's :analintruder::D:whistle:

Edited by Angels49
  • Like 1

I have been lazy with the decal work here. Looking forward to start on a 1/48 Sea Harrier kit soon. :)

Update: Wow, the Airfix A05101 1:48 BAE Sea Harrier FRS.1 kit was less charming. I regret buying it. I thought the detailing would be better in this scale. :( I knew this was an older kit but expected it to be better somehow.

etimox.jpg

5fhd74.jpg

Edited by Decoman
  • Like 1

Airfix's 1/48th SHAR is VERY dated however.....it can come out rather okay (mind you this is an FA2 converted back to an FRS1 - with fuselage plug removed and new Milliput radome. New converted 190 Gallon drop tanks (100 gallon tanks extended and wrapped with plastic card and them milliput at either end...) new twin 'winders and rails and a resin cockpit tub...Flightpath ladder

000_0562.jpg

• Like 1

Just the one Harrier for me this year...Airfix GR3 (old mould) in 1/72. OOB save for fixing the intake doors and opening the canopy.

Tried my hand at salt weathering for the first time and it worked ok.

24780017937_7a54144c95_b.jpgAirfix Harrier GR3_2 by Dermot Moriarty, on Flickr

39618491942_0bfaa18705_b.jpgAirfix Harrier GR3_1 by Dermot Moriarty, on Flickr

39618491822_6e6659df31_b.jpgAirfix Harrier GR3_3 by Dermot Moriarty, on Flickr

24780017867_6cfef18e57_b.jpgAirfix Harrier GR3_4 by Dermot Moriarty, on Flickr

Cheers,

Dermot

Edited by Dermo245
Fixing photo links

I'd forgotten all about this thread ... nice to see it updated - thank you. On that basis, I suppose I ought to add my collection to the expanded list ... so here it is "the dirty dozen" ... 11 1/48 scale Harriers and 1 1/72 scale (the T10) ...

GR7 / GR9 / FRS1

FRS1 / AV-8S / GR1

AV-8A / T10 / GR5

AV-8S / GR3 / GR9

DirtyDozen.jpg

Next on the production line is an FRS.51, so I can remove the T10 and keep to 1/48 scale (and take some better photos!).

• Like 1

Pure magic guys, congratulations to all concerned. If I can dig my three out of the computer and get them onto Photobucket then I'll post then. One FRS 1 Post Falklands Fujimi kit, one GR 7 new Arifix kit and lastly, the Airfix SHAR 2. Then I have an original Airfix kit, which I may build for the Obsolete kits GB, which will finish my personal tribute the this fine machine.

Colin on the Africa Station, who is absoloutly rubbish when it comes to computers!

Bobcat T4 & Hasegawa Gr.3

PB260996.jpg

PB260991.jpg

• Like 1

Ok, I will post some photos from the past. First a 1 Sqn. GR.3 with winter camouflage from an exercise in Norway. Note that the white is painted over the walkway and stenciling markings, just like the real aircraft. ESCI or Fujimi kit:

GR3.jpg

Next, a 3 Sqn. GR.5, old Airfix kit:

GR5.jpg

Bobcat/ESCI T.2 (after a heavy landing from the shelf):

T2.jpg

Also Bobcat/ESCI, a T.52 with Vingtor decals :analintruder:

T52_31_800.jpg

An ESCI FRS.1:

T52_35_800.jpg

A Kestrel, modified from an ESCI AV-8A:

Kestrel_3_800.jpg

Finally, the only 1/48 scale model in the collection, GR.9 ZD351 that was build for the Harrier SIG Kestrel display:

ZD351_8_800.jpg

Nils

• Like 2

A t bird is on the way see post elsewhere on here or see swords website for futher details if you wanted a t 10 one of the resin guys are doing one to fit the airfix gr9......

happy modelling Glenn......

Ok chaps, I'm persuaded to join the party, here are a few of mine...

Sea Harrier FRS.1 XZ455/12 of HMS Hermes's Air Group, Falklands War. 1:24th scale conversion of the Airfix GR.Mk1 kit, originally built in the mid-80s and completely overhauled 1999-2003. Phil Cater says that in its original form this is the model that inspired him to start the Harrier Special Interest Group in the early 1990s; so, if for no other reason, it has a lot to answer for! With the exception of the windscreen, everything forward of the rear of the intake blow-in doors is scratch-built. I must get a better photo of it!

IMG_14274.jpg

Harrier GR.Mk3 XZ133/10 of No.1(F) Sqn as it landed on HMS Hermes piloted by Flt Lt Murdo MacLeod after a driect flight from Ascension Island on 1st June 1982. 1:48th scale detailed Airfix kit.

IMG_14382.jpg

Harrier GR.Mk9A ZG472/62A of No.1(F) Sqn, RAF Cottesmore, 15 December 2010, flown by Lt Cdr James Blackmore as 'Jedi 3' of Kestrel Formation. 1:48th scale Hasegaawa GR.Mk7 kit modified and with AIRfarme decals.

IMG_44382C.jpg

Harrier T.Mk12 ZH659/107 of No.IV® Sqn, RAF Cottesmore, 15 December 2010, flown by Lt Cdr Paul Francis and Sqn Ldr Andy Tagg as 'Poison 3' of Kestrel Formation. 1:48th scale conversion from the Hasegawa/Revell kit. The masters are being used by Heritgae for their new T10/T12 conversion set.

IMG_47522.jpg

IMG_47542.jpg

Hawker P.1127 XP831, Dunsfold, November 1960. 1:72nd scale detailed and modified Airfix kit of the aircraft that started the whole Harrier lineage.

IMG_1681PB.jpg

I know, the lighting could be better with the last one.

Cheers,

Nick

• Like 3

Hey all, this is a Harrier T4N using the Airfix 1/72 GR3 and ID models conversion. Bit of a pig to say the least and not my best effort, but here it is nonetheless.

P6030002.jpg

Dave

• Like 1