The Finish Line

Col.

Tim's Jaguar completed model.

1/48 Airfix almost straight from the box - which was the Jaguar at Fairford in 1989 (and I was there to see it).

Airfix_Jaguar_GR1A.jpg

Airfix_Jaguar_GR1Armed.jpg

And now she's going to adorn my desk - until the next project is completed.

Edited by theplasticsurgeon
Photobucket correction

Another Sadman I'm afraid.....

1/48 Airfix kit, with Eduard etch, Heritage cockpit, Mike's intakes and Hasagawa CBU-87s (thanks for the tip Martin)

Painted with Xtracrylic, Aeromaster decals and Phils wash.

Hope you like it, the build thread is here

P1280017.jpg

P1280008.jpg

P1280012.jpg

P1280015.jpg

P1280016.jpg

P1280020.jpg

Great model :goodjob:

Oz I have a question. Do you have any Jaguar photo with four CBU-87s? I have seen BL755 or 1000lb boms in tandem but any CBU-87. Thanks.

jaguargulfsadmana41retrqp9.jpg

Radek

Radek, I have to say I knew nothing about the Jaguar before I started this for the group build before Christmas. I was planning to build it using the kit supplied ordanace but understood that the BL755 cluster bombs were switched to CBU-87s, I sorced these from the Hasagawa weapons kit, I had found this picture, I think taken at the same time as the one you have posted, I honestly couldn't tell you if they are BL755s or CBU-87s! I do have the BL744s ready to go, so it won't take much to switch them over if they are wrong......

390151534_ad73ce1459.jpg

Looks great Oz! :goodjob:

One thing tho' - read the text on the side of the bombs ;)

:viking:

I know, I figured they were the shipping text?! maybe only transport them by land/sea!? I did wonder why you would have DO NOT FLY on them, again, easily removed if it will make it more correct. Totally open to suggestions here!

Edited by OzH

Ssshhhh......

Let's see if we can quietly slip this one into the group build before anyone notices.

Right, think I can consider this one done.

Not perfect by any means, but it'll do me.

1/72 Revell Jaguar. Mostly out of the box, except for an Aeroclub seat and a few Xtradecals roundels and stencils.

P2080022a.jpg

P2080029a.jpg

P2080017a.jpg

What did we learn from this build?

1.I know bugger all about modern aircraft.

2.Xtracrylix don't seem to like being sprayed on bare plastic

3.Revell decals can be a bit pants at times

4.Even when I want to, I can't build 'out of the box'

5.Blu-tac worms are brill'

6.I spend too much time researching and then forget to look at the flipping photos while building!

7.A fully detailed cockpit is not entirely necessary if it is painted black.

8.Spilling Klear on models and not noticing is a pain in the bum.

9.I like building modern British aircraft!

10.Britmodeller is full of helpful people who know a lot more than I do.

The stores are just white glued on, so if I've messed up the loadout it's not the end of the world.

C&C welcome.

One last thing, I didn't seem to have used as much filler as some Revell/Italeri builds I've seen here. Maybe It was from an earlier moulding batch?

Mart

Radek, I have to say I knew nothing about the Jaguar before I started this for the group build before Christmas. I was planning to build it using the kit supplied ordanace but understood that the BL755 cluster bombs were switched to CBU-87s, I sorced these from the Hasagawa weapons kit, I had found this picture, I think taken at the same time as the one you have posted, I honestly couldn't tell you if they are BL755s or CBU-87s! I do have the BL744s ready to go, so it won't take much to switch them over if they are wrong......

BL755 in tandem

jaguargulf07xx74841retrvu9.jpg

1000lb in tandem

jaguar41sqxz106desertorzn9.png

but CBU87 only one......

jaguar06vy4.jpg

Radek

Edited by jaguar00

Oz, the CBU-87s were only carried as singles. Incidentally, Radeks picture is the first I've seen of a Desert Pink Jag carrying BL755s, but as 8 were dropped 'in anger' it figures there would be some pictures of it too. The picture you linked to seem to show a CBU-87.

The "do not fly" text is, I believe, only on inert, ground-handling, training rounds.

I think I mentioned the 'single-only' thing in my PM... :unsure:

:viking:

Ssshhhh......

Let's see if we can quietly slip this one into the group build before anyone notices.

Right, think I can consider this one done.

Not perfect by any means, but it'll do me.

1/72 Revell Jaguar. Mostly out of the box, except for an Aeroclub seat and a few Xtradecals roundels and stencils.

Mart

Mart, I have a question. Do you have some photo with 2sq Jaguar with 1000lb bombs? 2sq was recce squadron and I have not any similar photo in my collection.

1000lb bombs on the inner pylons were in tandem only I think.

100001et9.jpg

Radek

• 3 weeks later...