The Finish Line

Col.

Jaguar OB "213" 20 Sqn Royal Air Force of Oman 2006 - 1:48

Really enjoyed this build but glad it's over at the same time. Airfix kit with Paragon 2 seat conversion, flaps and slats, bulged wheels, Flightpath TIALD pod and a big thanks to Andy for helping me out with the decals.

Picture079.jpg

Picture077.jpg

Picture078.jpg

Picture076.jpg

Picture080.jpg

Edited by Gary West

Jaguar GR.1 XW563, as displayed on the gate at RAF Coltishall prior to the station's closure. Airfix 1/72 GR.3 kit with mostly Airfix decals but also Modeldecal serials, Xtradecal roundels & fin flashes, MA rescue markings. Drop tanks are Italeri ones chopped down to the correct length. Xtracrylix paint overall. Thanks to Brooksy for all his help with piccies for this one, and to Bex for a spare walkway decal after I knackered applying the first one (anybody else using these, cut it up into tiny bits, it'll curl into a horrible mess otherwise!).

Not entirely finished really - I'm going to redo the 'grass' base and there are a few decals to add (e.g. 'Spirit of Coltishall' writing on the nose) but I'm happy enough with it for the time being.

jagbuildc10.jpg

jagbuildc11.jpg

jagbuildc12.jpg

jagbuildc13.jpg

Build thread is here.

Damien,

Shes a stunner, glad I help with the decals anytime :thumbsup2: Is this one thats now outside a COuncils office building?

:goodjob:

Bex

Heres mine at the final whistle.

No stores and a few tiny things that have fallen off, but i will put them on when i can take my time. as well as the matt coat.

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

thanks to .Col and Gary for hosting this one, its turned out to be a great GB.

And thanks to Gary (rdxtnt) for the Decals :thumbsup:

Hats off to all you wonderful people for building so many gorgeous Jaguars, as well as finishing them on time, unlike me! Before the group build I was blinkered by the grey RAF Jaguars of Coltishall, as they were my life for 5 lucky years, but seeing all these other markings and colours is really interesting, and shows just what an attractive aircraft it is.

:worthy::worthy::worthy:

Best wishes to you all

Andy :)

And diving in the penalty box in extra time :winkgrin: .....................

Jaguar GR3 XX119 of No 6 Sqn just about to end it's last flight and mark the end of an era with the RAF.

Airfix 1/48 with Paragon flaps,slats and burner cans, scratch built airframe and U/C details. Finished with Tamiya and Xtracrylics paints sprayed through hand cut masks for the "spots" and "peel back". Home made decals for the squadron markings and crests combined with Xtradecal stencils and national markings.

DSC00686.jpg

DSC00690.jpg

DSC00661.jpg

DSC00693.jpg

DSC00700.jpg

DSC00675.jpg

DSC00661.jpg

DSC00691.jpg

DSC00702.jpg

DSC00660.jpg

DSC00703.jpg

Many thanks to Gary and Col for running a great and most enjoyable GB - the quality of the entries (finished and unfinished) has been staggering. I reckon everyone who entered has a model that they can display with pride.

Cheers,

Ian

Edited to link to better photos.

Edited by Notdoneyet
  • Like 1

Some supurb models in this group build.It's gonna be tough picking one to vote for.My fave changes each time I look. :goodjob: to all.

• 2 years later...

And diving in the penalty box in extra time :winkgrin: .....................

Jaguar GR3 XX119 of No 6 Sqn just about to end it's last flight and mark the end of an era with the RAF.

Airfix 1/48 with Paragon flaps,slats and burner cans, scratch built airframe and U/C details. Finished with Tamiya and Xtracrylics paints sprayed through hand cut masks for the "spots" and "peel back". Home made decals for the squadron markings and crests combined with Xtradecal stencils and national markings.

DSC00686.jpg

I've just joined after restarting the hobby after many years, and this model is really inspiring!! I love your attention to detail, eg. the undercarriage extended and the parachute, but the base is really creative and makes for a fantastic and very original display. It's so good it almost detracts from a very well built model!

Well done! It's really given me that 'buzz' to go and do something.

regards,

Steve