The Finish Line

Col.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Airfix 1/48 jaguar , paragon weight wheels, paragon flaps/slats , paragon seat, pj productions pilot and some extradecals to finish it off. Paint was all extracrylics . Not the greatest of kits / builds but am reasonable happy to have finally finished one of the kits after several failed attempts !!!!

Sandy

2007_1215mustangjaguar0019.jpg

2007_1215mustangjaguar0017.jpg

2007_1215mustangjaguar0012.jpg

2007_1215mustangjaguar0018.jpg

2007_1215mustangjaguar0013.jpg

Ps just realised I haven`t put the fuel dump pipe back on :wall:

Some beauties already. I havent even received mine yet. Guess Ill bow out, unless the deadline goes on. What is it anyway?

To Martin, Doc and Sandy,

Congratulations on your fine efforts; apologies for not saying so sooner. Thanks for your in-progress threads as well. It's great to see variety in the schemes chosen and it reminds me of the varied service that this aircraft has seen.

Andrew

Some beauties already. I havent even received mine yet. Guess Ill bow out, unless the deadline goes on. What is it anyway?

Ya got to the end of April chap... no sweat! ;)

Ya got to the end of April chap... no sweat! ;)

End of April? Good. Isnt that Jag with deployed chute excellent? Fecking excellent, even!

• 2 weeks later...

2 Jag GR3a builds both Airfix 1/48 completed, up with the first done was 54(f) Squadron - XX119, OOB all weaponed up.

The second is in 41 Squadron - XZ103. 2005 display scheme, decals from Model Alliance. This aircraft in 2006 became converted to 6 Squadron livery as 41 Squ markings can still be seen vaguely on the side air intakes.

Changes made to a single UHF ariel opposed to twin (GR3) couldn't quite get that right, preshading worked better on the second model (mainly down to now having a compressor & proper airbrush.

I used two camera's for the pictures, my phone 3.2 megapixel and kodak digital 3.1 megapixel just to see what happened....well i found out the flash is much better on the kodak !

Hope they're not too bad.

j1.jpg

j2.jpg

j3.jpg

j4.jpg

j5.jpg

j6.jpg

Good looking models Graham... but... I think the camo grey (lower one) is far too light in shade (the flash doesn't help though) - on the real thing the difference between the dsg and camo grey is not that great and in some lighting conditions they are nearly identical. What paints did you use?

Good looking models Graham... but... I think the camo grey (lower one) is far too light in shade (the flash doesn't help though) - on the real thing the difference between the dsg and camo grey is not that great and in some lighting conditions they are nearly identical. What paints did you use?

Cheers Damo, i used Tamiya XF-53 (match for humbrol 164) for the top and revell 374 (there or there abouts for humbrol 156) picture used for reference was this - gr3jaguarGJ-1.jpg

Edited by GrahamEM

Ah, the perils of relying on just one photo perhaps? That shot's been over-exposed or played with in post-processing - there's a distinct lack of contrast for a shot that's clearly been taken in bright sunshine. Your model of the 54 Sqn Jag does show a better lower grey than the 41 Sqn one though.

Here's one of the 41 machine that illustrates the grey in bright sunshine:

jagmad145.jpg

• 3 weeks later...