A 1/32 - yes, I said 1/32 - B-17G coming from Wing Scale!

Jennings Heilig

Ummm...is it just me, or do the props have the blades the wrong way. Those appear to be left hand (cockpit perspective) props. That's a big flaming model.

Get Christmas over then start saving.

On current rate approx £166.

Unless Mr Revell pips them at the post

Dream come true for me but the rivet counters at Hyperscale are out in force

this morning.

Fighting has resumed as normal.

Edited by stan

I really really didn't need this right now.

I just wish I could see the B-25 in the box BEFORE I buy, and BEFORE they are all sold, so I can make a purchasing decision based on how far this company's products are removed from Trumpeter/Hobbytoss the overall kit is. I.e. fidelity of scale, finesse of moulding with regard to overall presentation etc.

Edited by Mentalguru

I'd love to have a go at one. If one started taking shape in my den the wife would think I was planning a Colditz style escape....gliding over the back garden,clearing the fence only to crash into the river short of my landing ground!

Steve

As a dedicated 1/32 scale modeller I'm amazed by this but it is far too big for me, I would have to build it and bin it, shame.

Cheers

Den

Yeah - Just imagine - Superdetail, resin accessories, photoetch, super paint job, aftermarket decals, 15 months hard grind, then have a street party and take to it with a chainsaw and sledgehammer.... then hara-kiri????????

Edited by Ed Russell

Not quite - although I do have access to one :)

I already have two versions of Doug Feeney's ID Models B-17s in the loft - a very early one with the original fin and an F/G.

This will make things a *lot* quicker - and I think I may need two - one as a G and one to convert back using the ID Models back end :)

From http://www.aviation-history.com :

b17-mk1.jpg

Iain

Edited by Iain (32SIG)

As a dedicated 1/32 scale modeller I'm amazed by this but it is far too big for me, I would have to build it and bin it, shame.

Cheers

Den

build it then sell it, anything you made back on it would be a bonus as you've had your fun with it anyway!

I could be tempted by a B25 if they did the 8 gun hard nose version.

Pete

You mean like these:

WS32001.jpg

North American B-25J Mitchell "Gunship"

and

WS32003.jpg

North American B-25H Mitchell "Gunship"

Liberator would be ace - but I'm really looking forward to the Invader (I have a started Vietnam B-26K vac somewhere in the loft)!

Iain

Edited by Iain (32SIG)

Well, I wanna get one of the Gun Nose Mitchells, but a 32nd B-17?.

Nahh. :fraidnot:

Too big.

As for a 32nd Liberator...have you any idea what the wingspan would be? :gobsmacked:

Gimme a chance to get in the loft with a tape measure and I'll tell you! ;)

It's all relative - I've got used to big models I think. Bought an Airfix 1:48 Lightning a few months ago for reference - and it looks sooooo dinky! :analintruder:

Iain

Don't get me wrong, I am a fan of the larger model (arf arf).

I have stuff like a 48th B-1B, loads of 32nd Phantoms and Tomcats, as well as a lot of 24th scale aircraft and sci-fi stuff.

I just think 32nd scale heavy bombers are a bit too impractical.

How would you display one of these buggers?. :shrug:

I gotta get me one of those! I can feel the urge to build A Bit O' Lace in a very big scale.

If it's released as predicted (August 2011), it'll be in time for the USAAF Europe 1942-1945 Group Build in 2012!

Heard that it'll have individual .50 cal rounds and a scale belting machine

sweet jeezus I honestly never thought I'd EVER see a 32nd Fort.

You'd have to make sure you'd hang it from a joist on your ceiling. A scary memory of a Monogram Fort getting shot from The sky ...errr.. falling out of my ceiling in the middle of the night as a kid - right onto my head