Tim's Matchbox Buccaneer S2B

TimJ

Back in the 1980's (before I discovered sprue cutters) I started to build a Matchbox Buccaneer. Then, for some reason lost in the mists of time, I stopped. I'm hoping this GB will give me the necessary push to get it finished. I had done some assembly but this is as far as I got.

DSCF1578.jpg

Here's the box, instructions, decals and the other parts.

DSCF1579.jpg

I've also got some aftermarket bits and bobs to fit to the rather bare wings.

DSCF1580.jpg

It'll probably be finished as an RAFG example in Dark Sea Grey/ Dark Green over Light Aircraft Grey.

Edited by TimJ

I've got some done today. The cockpit interior has been painted and previously assembled parts have been stuck together.

DSCF1589.jpg

It looks like a Buccaneer now it's all together. Some of the seams will need filling but it's not looking too bad.

• 2 months later...

I thought it was about time I got back to this as its been a while since my last update.

I've put some filler on the seams, most of which were from when I started it back in 80-something.

DSCF1726.jpg

The crew are painted and ready to go aboard but I'll wait until the airframe has been sanded down before I put them in.

• 2 weeks later...

The fille has been sanded down and I've given it a coat of primer. There are a few areas which need a bit more attention but it doesn't look too bad.

DSCF1743.jpg

As for the markings there's been a change of plan as I've decided to finish it a a 208 sqn machine carrying four Sea Eagles.