BA 737 question

Rabspat

Yea, they had mostly 400 srs, with some 300srs coming via lease and takeovers. If you want to do a BA 73 then look at minicraft or Daco Skyline kits. But there is nothing stopping you doing a What if new gen BA 737, or the one above that was leased

I don't think BA ever owned any -800s. They did lease a -800 that wore a hastily applied and not very accurate BA livery for a while. Here:

Entirely correct my man! It was an Excel Airways -800 and only worked from LGW in 2007. BA don't have any NG 737s.

If you want to do a British-based -800, you could always do a Ryanair one? :wicked:

BA's fleet of 737's now consists only of the 737-400 series, the odd-ball collection of -300/-500's have all been disposed of.

I wasn't aware of the temporary lease of the -800 as Al mentioned above, and it certainly never came near Glasgow for maintenance, more than likely looked after by whoever Excel used for maintenance at the time.

If you are wanting a reasonably accurate -400 (or -300/500 for that matter) then I'd recommend the DACO kits as they are far more accurate than the Minicraft kit, it has a few shape issues especially the back end of the fuselage. I've built a DACO 737-400 as a "What-If" build and it goes together very well indeed, the engines are particularly nice, and I've another 300, 400 and 500 in the stash for another day.

If you want any more info on the BA 737's then drop me a PM anytime.

Rgds,

Eng

Thanks guys, i do something else with the -800 kit then. I i grab the 737-400 i saw on ebay with BA markings. when i get my bank sorted out.

If that's the Minicraft boxing, IIRC it isn't actually a -400!! I'm pretty sure that in typical Minicraft fashion they just bunged the -300 plastic into the box & labelled it as a -400.....!!! I've got one upstairs somewhere, I'll check it when I can find it!

Keef

they may have corrected that by now but its worth keeping in mind

personally I wouldnt buy from ebay anyway - get it from a shop and at least there is a chance you can look before buying

that said it might be worth getting the minicraft BA issue anyway, just for the decals - you can always build the kit in some other colours

I've just checked the three 'Brit Air' (as MC calls them!) -400's I have (2 part started, 1 new) & they are all -300 kits.

If you were intending to buy the e-bay kit just because its a British Airways jet, I have a spare decal sheet out of one of mine if you want it.

Keef

Back to BA question. I am having problems finding the Xtracolor hannants says it's OOS so is the Revell 54 Night Blue ok? Thats what they say to use in the A319 kit. Also I have the A320 kit can with condor markings which i don't like can i use the decals that Keef as offered on the A320, minus the stencils and serial number which i will have to look into if BA use the A320?

TBH I think its a bit dark, but yes you can use the a139 decals, but I dont think the Condor A320 comes with the IAE engines just the CFMs. You wont have enough windows on the decal sheet either as the condor sheet doesnt have window decals on.

TBH I think its a bit dark, but yes you can use the a139 decals, but I dont think the Condor A320 comes with the IAE engines just the CFMs. You wont have enough windows on the decal sheet either as the condor sheet doesnt have window decals on.

Yep i just noticed that my self about the A320. Well i guess i do it in kit colours just not fond of painting large areas of Yellow, i always manage to mess it up.

You may find the tail "flag" decal on the 737 that Keef's offered will not fit the tail of the A320.

Here's what you want for your A320 kit - http://www.f-dcal.fr/pages/laser/14068.html

If you use this sheet you can build any of BA's A319/320/321's, including the old A320's with the CFM56 engines as supplied in the Condor kit. The registrations of these "Legacy" A320's included -

G-BUSB, USC, USD, USE, USF, USG, USH, USI, USJ and USK. There are now only 5 or 6 of these aircraft left in the fleet, slowly being replaced by new A320/321's.

Hope this helps,

Eng

Thanks eng, problem solved. Once i have my bank sorted i will have to order a set. Although i tried to look at what other decals they do on laser but it stops at 747 British Airways :S. Woant to see if they have any thing else that took my fancy oh well could just be my net playing up.

never ordered from them but I do have a few of their sheets -

ultra thin, be careful when applying to make sure they dont wrinkle