What If Group Build Winners

Daniel

Well, Thanks to all of those who took part, and all of those who voted too. I have had a great time watching and commenting to all of the builds, and I will be honoured to do so for the WIF GB 2 at some point in the future.

So here we go, the top 3 builds as voted by you, but to me I have to say it really was the level of participation that impressed me:

Winner - Deanflyer's Merlin Canberra (23 Votes)

merlinfinished12.jpg

Runner Up - general melchett's VC10 Vengeance (22 Votes)

P1090676-1.jpg

Third Place - Ian's Dassault/KDT Rafale K (10 Votes)

RafaleK1a-1.jpg

Until next time!

Dan

Edited by Daniel

Micha - I thought that you perhaps deserved your own reward for 'a one man group build'!

Dan

thanks Dan

It has been a lot of fun building all those aircrafts and painting them in unrealistic colours and signs ;)

And to have fun is the only thing that matters to me :thumbsup2:

Blimey, I won? That all ended a bit quietly there, caught me by surprise a bit. Thanks to everyone who voted for my Lanberra, and to those that didn't - wise choice, is all I can say! Condolences to the General too, who I really thought was going to overtake me at the end. Well done to everyone else who entered, and thanks to the organisers too.

Sooooo.....what do I win? :wicked:

Congratulations, adulations, laudations, felicitations, compliments, plaudits and cheques will be gratefully received. Failing that, feel free to shower me with kits at Telford tomorrow!

Cheers all,

Dean

Edited by Deanflyer

:clap2: Well done everyone - a very interesting GB from a non-whiffer's point of view. Same time next year? :)

Once Mish has a chance to organise the calendar we'll know for sure. You coming to dance at the party this time or staying on the side-lines? :tease:

Once Mish has a chance to organise the calendar we'll know for sure. You coming to dance at the party this time or staying on the side-lines? :tease:

Depends on what I'm already committed to at the time old son :) I don't dance too well anyway these days, and as I'm now a dad, my dancing will have got worse :pipe:

Three superb winning models and well deserved winners. However I would say that we are all winners! :D

I have thoroughly enjoyed this GB. I'd like to thank Col and Daniel for organising it and everyone who took part. It's been great!

Depends on what I'm already committed to at the time old son :) I don't dance too well anyway these days, and as I'm now a dad, my dancing will have got worse :pipe:

Welcome to the world of "Dad Dancing"...it rocks.

Edited by benskipper

Ive been quietly watching this build. Looks like quite a few of you have turned to the dark side.

Well done to the winner and runners up.

Every one is welcome to drop by our stand at any UK show that we attend to say hi or even join in the mayhem. We dont bite.......Honest we dont.

Martin H

leader of the What if? SIG

Yes, agree with Daniel, loads of entries, and the ratio of entries to completed builds was very high by comparison to most GBs.

It was a two-horse race in the end, but the quality of the field was very high!

:clap: and hope to do it again one day?

Al