Sea Vixen NEXT WEEK (Hannants)

atdb27

Sorta noobish question with regard to the Sea Venom FAW.2, but whut's exactly the difference in the canopy department between this kit 'n' the Classic Airframes' one? Are both the same aircraft yea or nay? :undecided:

Cheers, blokes.

Unc²

Edith Piaf: Noobish here's meant the Sea Venom.

Edited by Uncle Uncool

Sorta noobish question with regard to the Sea Vixen FAW.2, but whut's exactly the difference in the canopy department between this kit 'n' the Classic Airframes' one? Are both the same aircraft yea or nay? :undecided:

Cheers, blokes.

Unc²

Classic Airframes did a Sea Venom, not a Sea Vixen.

http://www.hyperscale.com/2008/reviews/kit...2reviewbg_1.htm

John

Yeh, John; thanks... I realised 'bout my error when the chips were already burnt. :rolleyes: Be that as it may; is the airframe among the two aircraft nearly similar?

Unc²

Apart from general layout, no. The Sea Venom had a wooden fuselage and a centrifugal-flow engine, straight wings, tiny fins, a blunt nose, and gun armament (apart from a few trials aircraft). The Sea Vixen was all-metal, and had two much larger axial-flow engines, a swept wing, enormous fins, a very large pointed nose, and all-missile armament (apart from unguided weapons). Plus it was much larger overall and weighed about three times as much. But they did both have twin booms and a straight tailplane connecting them.

Was up at Hornby this morning and talking to the guy who runs the shop up there. He recons that it will be the end of next week before the Sea Vixen sees the light of the general public. Got 2 on pre-order with them :Tasty:

Dick :clown:

There's something about those Sea Vixens that doesn't look quite right, isn't there ?

Apart from the fact that they are FAW1's there is something a little odd. I love the way the ground crew seem to be wearing gym shoes, not the steaming bats we had to wear.

Could not see any instruments in the cockpit. The wing fold looked very basic, no piping or electrical wiring. The navigator hatch looked like it was from something else. Are they models??

Could this be a training film where the various members of the flight deck learn to work together??

Dick :clown:

Could not see any instruments in the cockpit. The wing fold looked very basic, no piping or electrical wiring. The navigator hatch looked like it was from something else. Are they models??

They're mockups, based on Sea Venoms. There's reference to them, with a photograph, in one of the books on the subject, I can't find which one though. :unsure:

Cheers,

Bill.