Sea Vixen NEXT WEEK (Hannants)

atdb27

According to today's update the Sea Vixen is due in next week.

Not going but had I been would have hoped too pick one up!

Adrian

slightly off topic but graham at relish has them cheap on preorder

Would've thought this close to Telford they'd pull all the stops out to get them there (Airfix that is) but suppose getting them out of the ship/container/customs if the ship is even on time that is can't be rushed, Julien probably best to ask on this?

Would've thought this close to Telford they'd pull all the stops out to get them there (Airfix that is) but suppose getting them out of the ship/container/customs if the ship is even on time that is can't be rushed, Julien probably best to ask on this?

no mate I only do short sea, but can list the problems / pitfalls of deep sea.

Ships get delayed this time of year. Goods have to be unloaded, then customs cleared. The containers delivered to warehouses to be devanned, goods onward delivery to distribution then to the wholesalers. Most of this time waise is very variable. If they are missing my a week this tells me they have really tried to get them pre-telford.

As for £30 from relish I want one of those!

Julien

no mate I only do short sea, but can list the problems / pitfalls of deep sea.

Ships get delayed this time of year. Goods have to be unloaded, then customs cleared. The containers delivered to warehouses to be devanned, goods onward delivery to distribution then to the wholesalers. Most of this time waise is very variable. If they are missing my a week this tells me they have really tried to get them pre-telford.

As for £30 from relish I want one of those!

Julien

Don't forget the crap weather at the moment. The Ship-to-shore cranes can't run above wind speeds of 45 knots, and we have bad weather warnings all week. There were several ships at anchor tonight after yesterday's hold ups.

Don't forget the crap weather at the moment. The Ship-to-shore cranes can't run above wind speeds of 45 knots, and we have bad weather warnings all week. There were several ships at anchor tonight after yesterday's hold ups.

Yep that as well.

In the old days would just have been unloaded, now the elf rules so everyone waits.

Julien

Yep that as well.

In the old days would just have been unloaded, now the elf rules so everyone waits.

Julien

In the really old days would not have needed unloading - but would probably have been held up by 'leaves on the lines'.

Peter

Disgraceful. Why can't these blighters accept the risk of several tons of freight landing on their heads so that we get our model kits a few days sooner, eh?

Sadly I don't think I'll be getting mine at the end of the month as I had hoped, but I would like two, one to do the red and yellow build, and one from the Ark.

my car has eaten my money for Telford, and it's a long walk with out a car. ie instead of driving it this weekend, I'm going to be under it (yet again!) Ho Hum

Dave

Just noticed that Wonderland Models have the release date as Monday 22nd November. Link

Was hoping to pick one up at Hannants on Saturday. Fingers crossed they will be in a few days early!

Graham

Have just spoken to Hornby and they say it will be another couple of weeks before it is out !!!!!! :fraidnot::thumbsdown:

Dick :clown:

don.t ask me how, but one of our club members managed to get hold of one last weekend, and presented it to all and sundry last tuesday!

largish box with some nice decals, and the plastic looked quite good as well. it seem s us mere motrtals have to wait a little longer

Rogerd