Aeroclub Hawker Demon

John Aero

Lovely to see the progress John! The newly-formed Pheon Interwar Division is twitching with anticipation!

Looks like you've been very creative on the half etched front............. Bringing your drinking trousers to Telford?

Rowan, you want to see the chain drive on my Hucks! I will take a small libation with you at Telford when we can talk about some decals and the usual silly things we manage to amuse our selves with. Did Brian mention we had a long Triplane conversation? (19' 6")

See you and others at Telford.

John

I have to finish off making the moulds so I'm afraid it will be after Christmas as I won't have the decals drawn in time. Planning for the Demon is 64 Sqn and a couple of serials for Aus and NZ.

The Hind is still in the undecided area and an option could be a Hind Trainer. Price again not set but I would hope in the mid 20's.

The Hucks starter is due to accompany the Hawkers and will be a mix of injected, W/metal and brass.

John

Looks very nice John. Maybe on sale by the time of the Huddersfield show next Feb? I bought one of your vacform Demons when you first started the business many many years ago.

I'll be at Telford with the usual suspects from Tyneside, see you there

Ed

Lovely to see the progress John! The newly-formed Pheon Interwar Division is twitching with anticipation!

Looks like you've been very creative on the half etched front............. Bringing your drinking trousers to Telford?

The Pheon Interwar Division sounds promising. Scope for all sorts of good things.

Tim

I have to finish off making the moulds so I'm afraid it will be after Christmas as I won't have the decals drawn in time. Planning for the Demon is 64 Sqn and a couple of serials for Aus and NZ.

The Hind is still in the undecided area and an option could be a Hind Trainer. Price again not set but I would hope in the mid 20's.

AFAIK the RNZAF didn't use the Demon, only the Hind and the Hind Trainer, of course your research may be miles better than mine. PM me and I can let you have some pictures of NZ machines if Pete M hasn't already done it.

Cheers

Andy

Hi Andy

Yes I am aware that NZ didn't have the Demon but as it and the Hind are so close airframe wise it will be a simple matter to make the kit up as a Hind. I am giving this some thought as to how I do this.

Regards

John

PS congratulations on the show which was excellent by the way.

Hi Andy

Yes I am aware that NZ didn't have the Demon but as it and the Hind are so close airframe wise it will be a simple matter to make the kit up as a Hind. I am giving this some thought as to how I do this.

Regards

John

PS congratulations on the show which was excellent by the way.

Hi John. I hope to have something together for you over this coming weekend. I've just had a pretty big project going that I've now completed, so have some time to get back to the rest of those scans I've been slowly doing for you!

Cheers,

Pete M. (Hopefully at Telford again in 2012 with all going well).

• 2 months later...
Any update please? No pressure, just wondering... thanks.

The patterns are halfway being mounted on the mould boards but the usual things have got in the way, other products, Telford, Christmas, illness etc. I've just redone the wheels to have separate centres.

So thats where we are.

Cheers

John

• 5 months later...

Hi John,

after enjoying the Demon, Hind and Nimrod (2) formation at Duxford yesterday (not to mention the pristine Fury and less than prisitne Afghan Hind sitting in the hangar) I was reminded of the plans for this little treat from Aeroclub. Could you give any news on where things stand at the moment? It would be good to know when to start salivating!

David

Hi John,

after enjoying the Demon, Hind and Nimrod (2) formation at Duxford yesterday (not to mention the pristine Fury and less than prisitne Afghan Hind sitting in the hangar) I was reminded of the plans for this little treat from Aeroclub. Could you give any news on where things stand at the moment? It would be good to know when to start salivating!

David

Hello David

Yes I too was at Duxford on saturday during a much needed break, walking with Clare and Lucy my mad spaniel, in North Norfolk and I too enjoyed the vintage biplane treasures. As for my Hawker project, this has been stalled due to the demands of the retail side but I need to set aside some time to finish off the moulds as the patterns have been finished for ages. I must say that the sight and sound of the Kestrel flock has stirred my interest again. I'm going to have to try and set aside some time soon to complete the moulds.

Regards

John

Edited by John Aero

Hello John,

Yes I’ve made it over to Britmodeller as well.

Having flagged up a small issue with the Silver Wings Hart, I thought I’d check up on how you were doing with the Demon. Vested interest, I’m planning to supplying you with wads of cash for a number of these. The first photo appears to show two fuel tanks in the centre section of the wing (could just be my eye sight). Is this just the wing for the Hind? I’ve been looking at lots of Hart family photos in the past few days and all the Demons I’ve seen, (with the exception of RAAF aircraft) only have one gravity fed thank on the starboard side of the centre section.

Hope I’m not throwing a spanner in the works.

Anne

Edited by Anneorac

Hello John,

Yes I’ve made it over to Britmodeller as well.

Having flagged up a small issue with the Silver Wings Hart, I thought I’d check up on how you were doing with the Demon. Vested interest, I’m planning to supplying you with wads of cash for a number of these. The first photo appears to show two fuel tanks in the centre section of the wing (could just be my eye sight). Is this just the wing for the Hind? I’ve been looking at lots of Hart family photos in the past few days and all the Demons I’ve seen, (with the exception of RAAF aircraft) only have one gravity fed thank on the starboard side of the centre section.

Hope I’m not throwing a spanner in the works.

Anne

Hello Anne

I'm sure you will use your expertise to good effect here as well. As regards the wing tanks, you are quite correct and as you know the Hart family is a nightmare of small detail changes. I want to use the wing as a universal piece so I have included both filler caps but I've not put any more detail so the port cap can be easily removed and leave any scribing to the modeller. The tank(s) area is difficult to see and I think that many drawings give one the idea that the tank is very prominent when on photos they are very difficult to see. One of the best over wing shots of the (rebuilt)Demon is in Aeroplane Monthly (Dec 09). I will try and find time to get on with this project.

Regards

John