Aeroclub Hawker Demon

John Aero

I had hoped to have a built up example of my new 1:48 Demon at Telford but the preparations for the same have delayed me somewhat. Just to show some progress as all the patterns are finished.

It will have a fully furnished injection and etch interior and I have allready test shot some wings.

John

Pupbuild033.jpg

Pupbuild032.jpg

Edited by John Aero

Fantastic! I built the vacform many years ago, 1984 I think, finishing it as a 603 Squadron Hind. I'll definitely be buying one of these.

Apropos another thread hereabouts, as a dedicated non-biplane builder I was inspired to buy and build the model after reading Jim Howard's article in SAM...

John

Do you have a release date and price for this one yet John? Reason I ask is the wife wants to know what I'd like for Christmas.

Do you have a release date and price for this one yet John? Reason I ask is the wife wants to know what I'd like for Christmas.

I have to finish off making the moulds so I'm afraid it will be after Christmas as I won't have the decals drawn in time. Planning for the Demon is 64 Sqn and a couple of serials for Aus and NZ.

The Hind is still in the undecided area and an option could be a Hind Trainer. Price again not set but I would hope in the mid 20's.

The Hucks starter is due to accompany the Hawkers and will be a mix of injected, W/metal and brass.

John

I have to finish off making the moulds so I'm afraid it will be after Christmas as I won't have the decals drawn in time.

John

Not to worry John, sure I can find another excuse to justify at least one of these, birthday falls in February so that's second option ha ha.

Not to worry John, sure I can find another excuse to justify at least one of these, birthday falls in February so that's second option ha ha.

Hiya John,

I don`t know if you have any decal subjects in mind but a good friend of mine would be a very happy man if you included a 607 (County of Durham) Sqn option! Its nice to see you still making new products after this years tragedy and I hope that Aeroclub is back on its feet again soon. It looks like a fantastic model and an inspired choice, will it include the awful looking interlocking plate turret contraption seen on later aircraft?

All the best

Tony O

One thing about 607 Sqn...why did nobody in the Air Ministry ever allocate them the code letters `YI'......they would have been most appropriate?

Hope it does include the 'Turret' - theres something so wonderful about that lobster-like construction that has always appealed to me.

One can only wonder too at what Mr B's inter-war division can come up with. Hint to John & Rowan - the Nimrod has always seemed like a rather unloved but glamorous biplane, perhaps its time to let it bask in some glory?

cheers

Jonners