• GreenDragon's Republic of Iran Navy Xian FBC-1 Flying Leopard
    • Basosz' Twin Corsair
    • Devilfish's BAe Vulcan B3
    • bexwh773s RAF A380 MRCA
    • ChancerUK's U.S Coast Guard HV22 Osprey
    • dambuster's Supemarine Type 500 Jet Spitfire
    • None in this section
    • Muller's IAC F-15D

Right gang, time to pick your favourite build, feel free to add comments why and perhaps even a top 5 if you wish here.

Edited by Col.

Just tried to vote but the system tells me.....,

`You did not choose a poll choice to vote against. Please go back and ensure you click on one of the radio buttons next to the choice you wish to vote for`

But I did for gods sake....!!!!!!!!! :wall:

Anyways, can one of the mods look into this and mark me down for general melchett's VC10 Vengeance please?

Made my choice on the idea, application and backstory. ;) I`ve always felt that a great `Whif` should contain elements of reality so it draws the viewer into thinking that `this` might of happened.

It was a hard choice with so many great ideas and builds out there and I wish you could have multi voted which would have been nice and gave me less of an headache. :S

My final `short list` came down to the following all of which should get a special mention...,

Robert's US Navy Gannet

PHaTHeSS' Republic F-103A

Smeds' US Navy Nimrod P.4

Deanflyer's Merlin Canberra

dambuster's Supemarine Type 500 Jet Spitfire

borz666s BAe Systems Tempest II FGR.1 (Again I`m not sure why I liked this one so much...) :lol:

GreenDragon`s GreenDragon's Junkers/Arado Multi Rollen-Kamfflugzeuge Tornado

Just want to say thank you to everyone, including the mods, and that this has been a great GB and all of you have kept me entertained for the last 3 months. :clap2:

I hope we have a `Whif` GB Part 2 sometime in the near future.

tc

I've had that before, and it was because you have to vote on both parts of the poll! I wonder if because there are so many entrys, it has taken them as two seperate polls. :wacko:

Edited by Doug Rogers

I've had that before, and it was because you have to vote on both parts of the poll! I wonder if because there are so many entrys, it has taken them as two seperate polls. :wacko:

Thanks for that bit of info Doug. That means that Deanflyer`s Merlin Canberra gets a vote as well. :thumbsup:

It's not letting me vote either.......

My choice has to be the General's VC10.

I like my Whifs to have an air of reality about them, and seeing as it was based on a real proposal, and, as with all the General's offerings, is so well made, it gets my vote.

It want's you to vote for both parts of the poll. I think, in the past when there's been a lot of builds like this then there is an option in both polls for "no-vote" and you then vote for the model you want and also "no-vote" in the other poll.

Votes cast! Nice to have a choice of two, and needless to say it's our two virtuosos who have got my vote!

I would give runners-up medals to Smeds' Nimrod, Enzo Matrix's Hellcat, Robert's Gannet, dambuster's Jetfire, Ian's Rafale and borz666's Tempest.

For sheer ingenuity i would credit Green Dragon, moaning dolphin, tc2324, Bex , Basosz and Madmonk!

Overall some really good ideas and lovely models, give yourselves a big collective pat on the back folks!!

:bye: Al

Edited by PHaTNesS

I have done my democratic duty and voted. My "Top 5" are (in no particular order)

Deanflyer's Merlin Canberra

Micha's Interflug A320 "retro"

Robert's USN Gannet

Dambuster's Supermarine Type 500 Jet Spitfire

General Melchett's VC10 Vengeance

Some great work on show here. Can I withdraw the Floatfire?

:coat:

Seems this poll is going to haunt me. After spending ages last night setting it up and then pressing the wrong button to bugger up the lot I got what I though was the finished version sorted first thing this morning. Now I've had to correct another stupid error on my part that forced you guys to choose one from each section instead of just picking your one winner :wall: Can you tell computers are not my natural environment?

Sorry about all the confussion gang. All my own fault.

That was slightly impossible to choose from. Especially the bottom half of the poll... Hard to choose between the Millennium Lanc and the Junkers/Arado Multi Rollen-Kamfflugzeuge Tornado.

Top picks for me are:

Merlin Canberra

Junkers/Arado Multi Rollen-Kamfflugzeuge Tornado

Millennium Lancaster

Jet Spitfire

XP55 Skunk

And I'm not nearly humble enough to not mention my own so here goes:

My own Vought DF4U-8 Corsair "The BlueTwin", Dutch Navy

Even though the kits were crap, I still very much enjoyed this :) Thank you all for making it highly enjoyable!

Time for another admission of stupidity. Sure many of you will recall ChancerUK's U.S Coast Guard HV22 Osprey. I, however, forgot all about what must be the most colourfull build of the GB and thus it was missing from the poll. Sorry about that, it has now been added, hopefully that's the final mistake rectified.

Before I vote can some one clarify how many votes we can do in each section? Daz seems to have got four and mrvr6 got 2. BTW there are far too many good models in this lot making picking a favourite almost impossible! Start building crappy models immediately or I'm leaving! :lol:

Paul Harrison

:rofl:

You're the reason I started getting some more armour kits Daz, hadn't bought any in about ten years til I saw your stuff mate!

I must get round to building some (badly of course!) soon.

Paul Harrison

Thanks to Col for setting up the vote whilst I am away in China.

Well done all who made it to the finish line, to me that counts as winning, managing to finish in the timescale, but its traditional to have a vote too, so lets see how it goes.

WIF GB part 2? Well with 45 entries making it to the end, I reckon this has been one of the more popular GB's, so I would hope so, however it will need to be in a while, as I didn't realise how much of my time it would take to oversee the build!

Well done all.

Dan

Before I vote can some one clarify how many votes we can do in each section? Daz seems to have got four and mrvr6 got 2. BTW there are far too many good models in this lot making picking a favourite almost impossible! Start building crappy models immediately or I'm leaving! :lol:

Paul Harrison

I didn't realise you could vote in each section.......oh well, too late now.

As for crappy models, why do you think my photographys so bad :rofl:

Well, anyway, I'm just happy that I've got 1 vote. That's good enough for me. (even if it was a slip of the finger, lol)

WIF GB part 2? Well with 45 entries making it to the end, I reckon this has been one of the more popular GB's, so I would hope so, however it will need to be in a while, as I didn't realise how much of my time it would take to oversee the build!

I'll definitely be in a WIF GB Pt 2. I already have my chosen subject, the Douglas F-81 Hawk Owl. This aircraft was a result of Operation Paperclip. I hope to build three versions, the TF-81A, the F-81B and the EF-81D.

actually, I wanted to get only one entry for all four builds :D ... but I can't get everything ;)

@Dan: Thank you for this GREAT group build! It made me a lot of fun! It brought many superb builds! Why we can't vote for ALL those fantastic builds? :D Does anyone know a hack to do that? ;)

I really hope for a next What If GB pretty soon!!! Don't wait till 2013 ... as everyone knows, the world as we know it will end in 2012 ;):whistle:

Edited by Micha