ETPS Jaguar T.2s

1POB

Guys,

I have been working on the decals for this Jaguar for a friend from ARC:

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0788612/L/

I hope to do the ETPS titles, serials, white stripes on the horizontal tail and full stencil data (including Aux. Intake Hinges). I'll also get the ETPS titles done that these aircraft often have on the wing drop tanks. What I won't print are the roundels as these are available from Xtradecal.

So far I have the basic fonts for the titles and serial as well as the hinges:

Screenshot_ETPS_Decals.jpg

You can see there is a layer containing some scans of Hawk ETPS decals to ensure my fonts are correct!

Screenshot_ETPS_Decals2.jpg

These are the hinges as used by Neil Burkhill on his excellent Jaguar T.4 (Where is he by the way? :) )

136_3633.jpg

These are the Hinge decals with some 41 Sqn markings I did for Neil (Hope you don't mind me linking Neil).

136_3647.jpg

These are the Hinges applied on Neil's Jag.

So, now for a question. Does anyone have any idea as to the sizes of the serials on this jet? I can estimate the fuselage serials as they appear in many pictures however I need to determine the size of the underwing serials. Is there a standard pattern that these markings conform to?

If anyone is interested in this sheet or just the Hinges I can run some off when I next get the ALPS out. Cheers,

Ed

Rather!!! AND the Canberra Airbrakes!!!!! Please!!!

Bill,

I'll do these too next week when I get the printer out to do titling for my AH-1S. Can I assume the dimensions are correct on the CA kit and therefore I just need to measure the kit "bumps" and size the decals appropriately?

I'll do a few sheets full of these and the Jaguar hinges for "distribution" to you guys!

Regards,

Ed

Speaking of Decals would it be possible to do the TSR2 logo in coraldraw ?

tsr2_ad.gif

The TSR2 SIG is looking at doing the first 9 prototyoes in there various roles as part of the display for SMW07, and the Aircraft official logo would be handy for some of the aircraft, only problem is that it would most likely need to be in low vis anti-flash blue as opposed to black.

Cheers

Geoff

These are the hinges as used by Neil Burkhill on his excellent Jaguar T.4 (Where is he by the way? :) )

136_3633.jpg

These are the Hinge decals with some 41 Sqn markings I did for Neil (Hope you don't mind me linking Neil).

136_3647.jpg

If anyone is interested in this sheet or just the Hinges I can run some off when I next get the ALPS out. Cheers,

Ed

I'm here Ed, just didn't know the site was up and running.!! :D

Those hinge decals certainly finished the intakes off nicely, very effective, and saves having to rescribe the buggers. Scribing them would be a right pain to say the least.

Thinking about the intakes, if I had any sense I would of moulded them too while I was building the thing, with the rounded internal corners. Straight out of the kit they have right-angle corners which look a bit odd.

B)

Neil - I'd love to know how you do some of your alterations... for example, the rounded corners to the intakes you mentioned. How on earth do you get them smooth? I had a devil of a job reshaping the intakes on my Hawk recently, and the outcome was only barely acceptable. Enlighten us, oh master (maybe on another thread, so we don't hijack Ed's?) :worthy:

Neil - I'd love to know how you do some of your alterations... for example, the rounded corners to the intakes you mentioned. How on earth do you get them smooth? I had a devil of a job reshaping the intakes on my Hawk recently, and the outcome was only barely acceptable.

Bare with me on that, I will take some pics later and post another thread :)

B)

Speaking of Decals would it be possible to do the TSR2 logo in coraldraw ?

tsr2_ad.gif

The TSR2 SIG is looking at doing the first 9 prototyoes in there various roles as part of the display for SMW07, and the Aircraft official logo would be handy for some of the aircraft, only problem is that it would most likely need to be in low vis anti-flash blue as opposed to black.

Cheers

Geoff

Geoff,

The design itself would be no problem, but as you said the colour (At last; we can spell it properly in public!) may be difficult to get right. I will certainly give this a go and let you know how it turns out. I have designed and printed some decals for this Mirage 2000 and the tail markings came out fine after a bit of tweaking:

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1176341/L/

I guess you need a slightly lighter blue but it may be do-able. Regards,

Ed

Going back to the original question the White serials under the wing, i'll check the reference when i get home to see if they state what size the original serials were.

Geoff

Going back to the original question the White serials under the wing, i'll check the reference when i get home to see if they state what size the original serials were.

Geoff

Cheers Geoff. Here is a clearer picture of the succesfull light blue I have produced:

http://www.parisairshow.free.fr/walkaround...ge_2000/005.jpg

Regards,

Ed

Geoff,

The design itself would be no problem, but as you said the colour (At last; we can spell it properly in public!) may be difficult to get right. I will certainly give this a go and let you know how it turns out. I have designed and printed some decals for this Mirage 2000 and the tail markings came out fine after a bit of tweaking:

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1176341/L/

I guess you need a slightly lighter blue but it may be do-able. Regards,

Ed

Ed would theses help get the colours programmed in ?

C M Y K

roundel red, pale UK 10B4 _ __ 49 21 1 12 1950s-60s antiflash insignia, nuclear strike

roundel blue, pale UK 22A5 35488 __ 46 14 0 15 1950s-60s antiflash insignia, nuclear strike

Got them from here :-

Chandelle - Colour codes

Cheers

Geoff

So, now for a question. Does anyone have any idea as to the sizes of the serials on this jet? I can estimate the fuselage serials as they appear in many pictures however I need to determine the size of the underwing serials. Is there a standard pattern that these markings conform to?

Ed - according to AW's Jaguar profile, the under wing serials are 18" with 24" roundels all round. As these are then the same size as the older Green /Grey scheme under wing serials, if you like (and if you trust em) I can measure up my old Esci decals for you?

Cheers,

Gary

Guys,

I have been working on the decals for this Jaguar for a friend from ARC:

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0788612/L/

I hope to do the ETPS titles, serials, white stripes on the horizontal tail and full stencil data (including Aux. Intake Hinges). I'll also get the ETPS titles done that these aircraft often have on the wing drop tanks. What I won't print are the roundels as these are available from Xtradecal.

So far I have the basic fonts for the titles and serial as well as the hinges:

Screenshot_ETPS_Decals.jpg

You can see there is a layer containing some scans of Hawk ETPS decals to ensure my fonts are correct!

136_3633.jpg

136_3647.jpg

Ed

Ed,

I'd definitely be interested in the sheet!

Stephen

Count me in for some hinge decals Ed, I have a half built Jag lurking (all Neils fault!)

Jen.

I could even imagine a few "overseas" ARC members wanting to build a Jag after Neil's valiant attempts at educating them! ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello folks,

Ive just joined at work at Boscombe Down. My interest is only Boscombe Down "stuff" - can i offer any help and what do you need?

• 1 month later...