BBMF Hanger tour.

Fmk.6john

Yesterday had a tour around the BBMF hanger, all of the airframes are now undergoing maintenance after a busy season.

The smell as well as the sights were awesome and it's one thing I will find myself doing more and more of.

bbmf02vb7.jpg

bbmf03sv9.jpg

bbmf05sm7.jpg

bbmf07fe3.jpg

bbmf09tz3.jpg

bbmfhurricanepz86502jw4.jpg

bbmfhurricanepz86504nh8.jpg

bbmfhurricanepz86505cu2.jpg

bbmfhurricanepz86508kp8.jpg

bbmflanc01vi2.jpg

I urge anyone who finds themselve near Coningsby to go there and see such a wonderfull sight, you can watch Tornado's, Typhoons and Harriers skid around the sky and see the BBMF, it's brilliant as some would say!!.

Regards,

John.

• 1 month later...

John, thanks for sharing your photos.

I wonder if perhaps on a future visit if you could determine an answer to a question

I have about Spitfires generally.

With landing flaps down, is there a blanking plate fitted to the innermost flap sections,

or can you see an open void up into the wing fairing?

I'm definitely doing at least one 1/32 Spitfire with flaps down, no matter how uncommon it was!

Mike

They run tours all day every day, it's better to go now becouse as you can see it's out of season and all the aircraft are undergoing a deep winter service, this way you get to see the insides of the beasts.

The tours are done by WWII veterens that actually flew this machinery and take about an hour and a half, pure nostalgia.

A good bit of advice though is take a tripod or monopod as shutter speeds in poor light get a bit long for freehand, it's not a problem as long as you ask beforehand, all for the measly sum of less than four quid and you get a tour book thrown in too.

More details here.....

http://www.bbmf.co.uk/

Regards,

John.

Edited by Fmk.6john