Airfix spare parts service

dave41184

Not sure this is the right place for this topic but here goes: Just wondered if anyone had used the Airfix spare parts service via their website? If so is it any good? how long roughly do they take to send them out etc? Any responses will be great

Hi Dave,

The website can be a bit slow in generating a substantive response: I've had o wait for a few weeks for parts ordered that way, but a phone call to Margate has produced parts within 42 hours (Thursday afternoon after 4.00 pm produced bits just after 9.00 a.m. on the Saturday).

HTH,

Steve

Think speed of response can be greatly affected by whether the kit is currently in production. I needed a replacement transfer sheet for a Do.17: I had to wait about 3 months but it did eventually come. (It was another Indian production one on brown paper and not mch of an improvement but that's a separate issue.)

I can't respond for the website but a phone call is well worth it. Airfix are top notch. I chanced it when I phoned about a 1/24 Subaru rally car kit I got from a private auctiion on eBay. The Seller said new, yeah right. there was glue all over the clear parts. Phoned Airfix, explained it was from a private sale, got a whole new clear fret in a week. I asked if they needed my Airfix Club number or credit card details and they said they didn't.

Great service, Airfix.