1/32 Brit Phantom conversion

Some of you might have seen this e-mail from Meteor over the weekend - for those that didn't - I quote

"But First, Here Are The BIG Projects

We ALREADY intend to release BEFORE Christmas"

. . . Regardless of the results of the survey mentioned later in this email. These sets will be:

1/32 FG.1/FGR.2 (F-4K/F-4M) Massive Conversion for the Tamiya F-4, INCLUDING decals for NINE different RAF/RN schemes. This is Wild Hare bottom'n set WHA32001. The decals alone include six HUGE sheets, and we'll also make the two 8.5" x 11" sheets that comprise the famous "Alcock and Brown" scheme available separately (no, the CAM sheet will not fit our model). Stay tuned for MUCH more information about this massive set in the near future.

1/32 F4H-1 Phantom Massive Conversion for the Tamiya F-4, INCLUDING decals for SIXTEEN different early Phantom schemes contained on two HUGE 8.5" x 11" decal sheets. The set also includes two 8.5" x 11" sheets of BlackMagicâ„¢ Precut Painting Masks for the elaborate chevrons and swooshes, etc., on some of these schemes. This really is a massive conversion; so stay tuned for much more information about it in the very near future."

Ok who's ready to put their life savings down for this one ....? - well ok me for one - anyone else ?

M guess on the price - based on past CE conversions of this size - what $250+ .. I'm praying the exchange rate stays at $2 to the pound!

OMG! :shocked:

I gonna have to starve, turn the heating off, get the good lady an evening job, learn how to busk, send the cats out to hunt for food, nick pints of milk off doorsteps, walk to work (20 miles)......it's a must have!

You watch phlippin' Tamiya do an FGR2 in the future!

I need to go and lie down.......

The FG1 may well come in handy for the ARC FAA group build!!

Only if they release it right now, the GB's less than a week away and that one would take some building!

Mind you, dare say Phil would manage.

Only if they release it right now, the GB's less than a week away and that one would take some building!

Mind you, dare say Phil would manage.

I'll give it ago, Now which one of you will commission me to build it :analintruder:

My record is a Hasegawa 1/48 F-4J in under 2 days. :hobbyhorse:

guess its time for a second job!! I will have to have someone order it for me since I am on the infamous Meteor "Black List" :shithappens:

Is there a story you'd like to share with us Mike?

Is there a story you'd like to share with us Mike?

Col

It happened about 5-6 years ago when I got the 1/32 F-15 drop tank from them. I noticed it looked eerily like the centerline tank in the Revell F-4 kit. Low and behold it was the same thing right down to the ejector pin marks inside! I paid $23.00 or so for it and was not too happy. Besides, the Revell tank actually fits better and is easier to clean up.

I was kindly told by the "staff" at Meteor that our business relationship had come to an end when I questioned them about it. Heck you could buy the whole Revell Phantom for like 30 USD then!!

Good times!!

Think I'll wait & see if Trumpy make good on their 'promise' (well, isn't everyone 'assuming' the 32nd Toom they've announced will be a Brit?? :please: !!)

Bound to be easier to fill their rivets than do that humongous conversion (which will have an equally humongous price!! :rolleyes::lol:)

Keef

Think I'll wait & see if Trumpy make good on their 'promise' (well, isn't everyone 'assuming' the 32nd Toom they've announced will be a Brit?? :please: !!)

Bound to be easier to fill their rivets than do that humongous conversion (which will have an equally humongous price!! :rolleyes::lol:)

Keef

Lets not forget Trumpys propensity to screw up canopy / windshield profiles and intakes :angrysoapbox.sml:

Col

It happened about 5-6 years ago when I got the 1/32 F-15 drop tank from them. I noticed it looked eerily like the centerline tank in the Revell F-4 kit. Low and behold it was the same thing right down to the ejector pin marks inside! I paid $23.00 or so for it and was not too happy. Besides, the Revell tank actually fits better and is easier to clean up.

I was kindly told by the "staff" at Meteor that our business relationship had come to an end when I questioned them about it. Heck you could buy the whole Revell Phantom for like 30 USD then!!

Good times!!

Gits!

Although I'm sure Revell may have had something to say on the subject if they'd found out.

Gits!

Although I'm sure Revell may have had something to say on the subject if they'd found out.

I'll believe it when I'm holding it in my dirty little mitts!

I'm intrigued to see what the conversion set will be like. If they've done it properly then it requires a new centre fuselage, and that would be one very hefty piece of resin! Okay, it needs new engines, and wider intakes, but the fuselage is wider too, and this means it spreads out over the wings - not quite sure how you can do that without a very precice piece of moulding. Oh well, good luck to 'em and I hope they get it right!