Bronco 1/350th HMS Vanguard

Shar2

To clear some space for my XB-35 build, I'm completing the three subs I've got in build. The first to be completed is the Bronco 1/350 HMS Vanguard. I realise the grey undersides are too light, but I couldn't find any good references and I didn't feel the instructions were very clear on the matter. So I claim artistic licence. I did use the WEM propulser and PE sets just to add a little something.

IMG_2154.jpg

IMG_2155.jpg

IMG_2156.jpg

IMG_2158.jpg

IMG_2161.jpg

IMG_2162.jpg

Nice job on that.Its a big 'un isn't it?

You know that HMS Astute is now a must buy for you :winkgrin:

It is quite big, had to use my largest case for it.

As for the Astute, that's defintely on the shopping list. B)

mrvr6, I wish. :analintruder:

Edited by Shar2

Nice build. Just a word on the lower hull colour, as you thought it is too light as the boat appears to be the same colour all over when out of the water however somewhat weathered in appearance. All RN boats are challenging mind you as they all appear heavily weathered most of the time , except Astute at the mo. :thumbsup:

Blimey Dave, your knocking these out mate,

Looks great fella, can I ask who makes the case?

Next question, whens Lusty going on the build table.....

Dan

Thanks Dan

I'm on a bit of a run at the moment. The case is from Trumpeter, it's the second biggest one they do. I just added some green baize to the base.

Lusty is on hold at the moment, as I've got a SHAR and Flying Wing to build first.

Edited by Shar2

Just checked at Hobbyeasy (where I ordered my Astute) and saw that it is due for release Friday 8th October. Can't wait to gat my hands on it.

The next boat, Ambush, is due to roll out in December (fingers crossed).

Astute on the shiplift

yp2eyq.jpg

• 1 year later...

Nice build. Just a word on the lower hull colour, as you thought it is too light as the boat appears to be the same colour all over when out of the water however somewhat weathered in appearance. All RN boats are challenging mind you as they all appear heavily weathered most of the time , except Astute at the mo. thumbsup.gif

The only pic I've ever seen of Vanguard out of the water is a colour print, which clearly shows the grey underside, (which I always thought was black). I think it's an oldish photo' though, as it was taken before the slabs were fitted to the sides. Does anyone know what they are, by the way?

The only pic I've ever seen of Vanguard out of the water is a colour print, which clearly shows the grey underside, (which I always thought was black). I think it's an oldish photo' though, as it was taken before the slabs were fitted to the sides. Does anyone know what they are, by the way?

I believe they are for extra protection around the missile tube section.

Very nice job, the Vangaurds are superb looking boats, I built this one last year hated the finish on it and threw it in the bin! :banghead:

fully intend to do one again properly this time.

Steve.