GB Chat

AnonymousDFB1

Apologies for the tardy start. But we are up and running.

Due to work commitments, I'm not sure I will have time to do a build myself, but I will honour my commitments as a GB mod. If I'm being honest this was entirely predictable on my part - but, my enthusiasm of trying to promote more esoteric builds got the better of me . I hope my work load will ease either later this month, or early Nov and I will hopefully start then. I even bought the re-issued Special Hobby 1/48 X-15, which is an improvement on the older version.

If I do start it will be the Collect-Aire trio of lifting bodies X-24A, M2-F3 and HL-10. I did some prep work on the resin a couple months back to try and get ahead. So quite why I bought another X-15 is beyond me:-)

I also need a new digi camera as my old ONE went pop, however it's my birthday during the course of the build. Hopefully that situation will rectify itself, maybe?

Good luck everyone.

Marty...

Edited by marty_hopkirk

Just to add some guidelines here - since this GB is a bit more off-the-beaten-track, we've agreed that models which have proceeded up to around 50% complete can be considered.

Reasoning behind this is that many of the rarer models are frequently picked up by potential builders in a state which is less than ideal. Half complete, parts missing, even badly built decades ago, discarded and then re-discovered to be sold on. So we've also agreed that models which have been previously completed in a different era, and are to be restored for the GB, can also be considered, due to the possible rarity of some of these subjects, so long as the builder provides pics at the start of the build showing the original condition.

Happy Modelling :P

Hello fellow X-men and women: :analintruder:

My build will be the vintage Revell 1/64 scale X-15. This kit is way old with my example being the "History Makers" 1981 reissue. Pictures soon.

XGB Cheers,

ggc

Hello!!!

I just got the XFY-1 Pogo from KP Models!!!

P72021-Convair-POGO.jpg

I boughted for 2 reasons, first to see for the first time a KP-Model and second to join my first Britmodeller GB...

Can i join?? I just start a new post?? anything i need to do ??

Good builds to all

Pedro Fernandes

Edited by Pedro Fernandes

• 2 weeks later...