1/100 Boeing 747

smeds

Hello, if the kit is from Hobbycraft (747-400), it is a rather horrible one BUT if it is from Nitto/Doyusha/Entex (747-100, the kit was originally designed by Nitto but later marketed under 3 or 4 different brands), it is a pure gem !

I think it is the nicest 747 kit available in any scale, with the Hasegawa 1:200 kit as well, you will not find a model that captures better the pure lines of the 747 than these 2 kits. The only cons I see is the main landing gears, they will need strengthening as they look too fragile to support the models weigth and the engines are of the very early PW style, the ones that powered the prototype and production 747-100 only.

I am using this kit as a base for my 747-8i model, I am still accumulating technical documentation on it.

Yeah, its the Nitto 1/100 kit.

Have now got it in me paws, like you say, its a gem. It has markings for All Nippon Airways, I also have some British Airways markings for it. Would really like to get some BOAC markings for it though.

smeds

Try TwoSix or F-DCAL decals, I know for sure both have a laser printed sheet currently available, they might be able to scale it up to 1:100 for you.

Yes, most of these 1:100 Nitto/Otaki/Doyusha/Entex kits are gems, especially the 707, 747, 767, Tristar and DC-10 though the later one needs some tweaking to the nose section, especially the radome, windshield and wing-fuselage fairing.

Stay away from the 727, 737 and DC-8, they are just too much inaccurate.

I try buy the good ones whenever I see them, they are just worth gold... to me.

I do not build any 1/100

scale but I just found one Entex 747 in a local hobby shop.

Well, a toy store in the middle of no where US.

It was priced at $40 US dollars. I kind of felt like I was stealing when I took it to the counter and the lady told me

she was so glad that finally someone was buying that "thing" since it had been in her store for more than

10 years. She did not charge me taxes for doing "her" the favor of buying that "thing".

Imagine that!!!!! :)

Walter

I took it to the counter and the lady told me

she was so glad that finally someone was buying that "thing" since it had been in her store for more than

10 years. She did not charge me taxes for doing "her" the favor of buying that "thing".

Imagine that!!!!! :)

Walter

Its a fantasy I have....one day I'll come across a store, down some side street, full of old airfix, revell and hasagawa kits that have been gathering dust for decades...the owner sells the lot to me

seriously cheap since nobody ever buys those "things" and he/she wished they'd never stocked them so I'm doing them a big favour by taking them off thier hands....