Air Intake Covers

Cycerath

Hey guys, Just in the process of finishing a Tornado IDS Tiger Meet (2009 scheme) and I kinda made a mess of the air intakes... sooooo I was wondering if I could hear some tips and techniques to scratch some nice looking covers to make it a bit nicer for the eyes :)

Any and all feedback welcome :D

Thanks for your time.

Cy

• 1 year later...

I use the metal foil that you get covering the lids of Gu deserts (posh eh!) - but I suppose any similar metal foil would do . It is just the right thickness to be able to be bent, folded and cut to shape easily. I will try and post up some shots of my Rafale B - which badly needs them to avoid the see through look.

HTH

Jim

Thanks Jim that'd be great. I'm with you re metal foil - don't know what you think of tissue paper and PVA? Call me a softy old g*t but I ofter feel sorry for an OP who gets zero replies hence I highlighted it again!!

For the style that "Plug" into the intakes, ie Phantom, then Stiff Card or Plasticard carefully cut to shape.

Thats fine for the "rigid" type, for the inflatable type I use Milliput - line the intake with cling film or similar, push a suitable sized lump into position and sculpt to shape, allow to set, remove and paint. Best done during assembly of the model before it's painted.