FIGAS Islander diorama

Natter

I have posted the kit before but this is why I bulit it. The figures, the sheep and the dog are Prieser 1/72 and the landrover is a Schuco diecast railway accessory dirtied up and matt varnished. The figures don't look as shiny in real life after a coat of xtracrylix matt, the camera has no mercy! The base is a B&Q corner shelf and I will leave this alone in the cabinet now; its done.

Ffigasdiorama012.jpg

Figasdiorama01.jpg

Figasdiorama011.jpg

Figasdiorama016.jpg

Figasdiorama013.jpg

Figasdiorama014.jpg

Dave

• Like 17

I like that alot very atmospheric, will never forget watching one of them bouncing down a grass strip maked with white painted wrigly tin , when i was on helecoper on my way to Fox Bay , looked like quite a hairy take off!

• Like 1

I flew the BN2T for the Rhine Army Parachute Association back in 1987, so any Islander is good to see, but this is just superb!!

I did 25 jumps at Sennelager around then, you may have been the driver when Dixie was chucking me out of the door - small world!

The whole thing is nice but what I like best is the posing of the figures and arrangement of the various elements. It is so easy to end up with a bunch of nicely built and painted models which don't really relate to each other, they are like exhibits lines up in a museum. But with the arrangement you have hear, the whole thing puss together perfectly into one consistent story - you can see what's going on, why each element is where it is, and imagine clearly who's thinking what, even what they are saying. In other words it is not just technically accurate, it has real psychological integrity.

• 6 years later...

What a lovely little diorama. There's just enough going on to tell the story and not to detract from the centrepiece. It's well thought out and executed, providing a very pleasing result.

Thank you for it with us.

Hi Natter:

JUST A WONDERFUL LITTLE MASTERPIECE!!!

I like the way you did it,  nice,  small and with a story behind...simply wonderful!!!

Thank you very much for sharing,

Cheers,

Luis Alfonso

Edited by Luis Alfonso
My Fault