Vulcan news

seanrgb

I hope it all works out well.

While it will be very nice to see a V bomber back in the sky (pity it's not a Victor - the really beautiful one !),

I'm not particularly confident about the long term prospects.

Her only real purpose now will be to fly low and slow at air displays - or have I missed something? There are no pilots actually current on type (of course) and that will take some time and work to sort. In RAF service there were always experienced senior pilots observing and helping maintain standards - I've no doubt there will be lots of observation and careful advice , help at first. But for how long? The guys with that real experience are getting older and slowly more out of touch.

That's the bit that bothers me. As a keen pilot - of some quite old aeroplanes - I'm wary of anything which might cause a public furore and force the CAA to think about throwing restictions around. You know what our 'tabloid' mob are like. Fingers crossed. I'm sure all will go well for now - it's when I look at the record with otehr old jets in civil hands I get a tad nervous.

Incidentally - does the Vulcan outfit have a Vulcan simulator in full working order? I presume they must. Haven't kept up to date with this. (Not for flight sim - for systems) It's being able to react correctly to the system hiccups and inevitable glitches and failures which will count - especially when the beast will mostly be operating low and slow.

Sorry to sound pessimistic folks, but I do see rather a lot of over enthusiasm on here, which I feel needs a wee bit of realism added. She's an old and complex bird, will need a lot of continuing loving care and luck. (And yes, long ago I did contribute !)

Yeah, go and spoil everyone's fun John! What does the B(Sc) stand for? "Bleedin' Spanner in the Cog's?" :(

seanrgb Posted Today, 01:41 PM

I cant see crap No sky ..I'm having to flick between BBC1 Crying about global warming

and ITV Going on about phone votes

And the TVOC Sites down again

i know how you must feel, i had to go onto the interactive menu to see it, becuase obeisty/global warming and other pansy stuff was on first. :analintruder: