'Misty' FAC's...

Colin S-K

Dear All,

Trying to do some research....

F100 in Vietnam, relatively well known subject, indeed I have some well known references.

However, trying to find, particularly photos of F100F aircraft of 614th T.F.S/35 T.F.W at Phan Rang that were used by the 'Misty' FAC's, this is proving frustrating........!

Can any of you, point me in the right direction.... Web pages, references, models, decals, all appreciated.....

Colin

Dear All,

F100 in Vietnam, relatively well known subject, indeed I have some well known references.

However, trying to find, particularly photos of F100F aircraft of 614th T.F.S/35 T.F.W at Phan Rang that were used by the 'Misty' FAC's, this is proving frustrating........!

Can any of you, point me in the right direction.... Web pages, references, models, decals, all appreciated.....

Colin

There have been 2 good books on the Misty's lately - Bury me upside down and Misty. There are a couple of photos in them, but from what I can remember, initially the aircraft were borrowed from the Fighter wing on the airbase so would have carried different Sqn markings as Misty was a det not a Sqn. In uk at the moment, but can confirm when I get back home as I want to do a Misty in 32 scale when Trumpeter finally release the F.

"Misty" is also a good read. Sort of the predecessor to "Bury Me Upside Down."

The National Museum of the USAF has restored 56-3837 to what it looked like in it's Misty days, and there is a great walk around of it at Prime Portal: http://www.primeportal.net/hangar/bill_spi...100f_walk_1.htm

Ben

BTW, Colin, e-mail incoming!

Edited by Ben Brown

• 2 weeks later...
Many thanks....

Ordered 'Bury me upside down', looking forward to reading it.

Colin

Got the book, very reasonable from USA, only £12.

Bloody good so far.......

Inspired me to make progress with F100F model.

Colin

Dear All,

Colin

Colin,

Sorry for the slow reply, life still strangled by the house move. Anyway there was a decal sheet - 72-002 from Wolfpak decals. If you have a phenomenal memory you will recall I donated some of that sheet to the decal bank. I still have the Misty FAC section and an F-100F to put it on but I would swap the decals for Wild Weasel F-100F decals (e.g. from Wolfpak 72-012 sheet),

Ross

Colin,

Sorry for the slow reply, life still strangled by the house move. Anyway there was a decal sheet - 72-002 from Wolfpak decals. If you have a phenomenal memory you will recall I donated some of that sheet to the decal bank. I still have the Misty FAC section and an F-100F to put it on but I would swap the decals for Wild Weasel F-100F decals (e.g. from Wolfpak 72-012 sheet),

Ross

Ross,

I do bizarrely, remember, problem is I am looking at 1/48th decals and model......!

If you are after F100F 'Wild Weasel' decals feel free to email me,

[email protected]

Colin