1/72 Academy Fw 190 D-9

rowmk9

Thanks Mish!

It's finished! A few little bits that niggle and didn't work out quite as intended but overall I'm very happy for 17hrs work, give or take. (2hrs early starting from 00:01am and from 7am onwards)

Full pics tomorrow in the thread and gallery. Thanks for the kind comments and encouragement.

p1050740.jpg

Rowan: Wow..!! thats one sharp looking 190... you are a "true" BlitzBuilder...

BlitzBuildCheers,

ggc

Edited by CPNGROATS

Thanks for the kind words. And yes Enzo my luftwaffe collection is building nicely! I love the 190, and building 1/72 allows lots and lots of them to be done. I've got 5 built up, two in the stash.

What paint did you use?

I used Lifecolor's Italian Interior Green, that also goes by the cool name of Verde Anticorrosione. I was pleasantly surprised by it, and it looks as near as damn it to me.

I love the 190, and building 1/72 allows lots and lots of them to be done. I've got 5 built up, two in the stash.

Any chance of pictures?

I used Lifecolor's Italian Interior Green, that also goes by the cool name of Verde Anticorrosione. I was pleasantly surprised by it, and it looks as near as damn it to me.

Thanks, I'll try that. I've been using Lifecolor UA139. However, as I understand it, late in the war RLM 76 could be any one of dozens of shades. I have done two Doras using the Lifecolor colour and another using Xtracrylix RAF Sky. I'm very interested in doing another with a different shade.

Any chance of pictures?

Yeah no probs. Tomorrow I'll post a group pic in the ready for inspection forum. Three D-9's, Two F-8's and an A-8. hmmm, thats 6, not 5. I think I forgot to count the one I just built earlier!

I've not tried that Lifecolor, only recently started using them TBH. I'm sure I read somewhere that the paint consistency was reduced due to shortages with the ingredients, thus a change in hue (and I would assume vary depending on the condition of the paint used). In any case I've seen colours from tan to medium green used.

Edit - thats the paint consistency of RLM76, not Lifecolor....doh!

Edited by rowmk9

A shameless plug...

The light is better today so rather than finish the piccys with a grainy, blurred night time shot, I'll finish with this one. More pics in the gallery today and some of its friends in the RFI forum. Focke Party!

p1050766o.jpg

thanks Gruffers! and to all who have given me encouraging remarks. :)

Edited by rowmk9

Respect!

That is a quality finish and truly inspirational stuff, I can't get them like that after weeks of work.

I agree that 1/72 leaves lots of room for you to build as many of the variations in type and colour scheme that you want without a remortgage.

• 2 weeks later...