Boeing 747-412F, Singapore Airlines Cargo

With the moderator's permission I would like to join with this part started Revell 1/144 747 kit. As you can see the fuselage is together. I have added the wingroot from a Lufthansa 747-400 kit to the -200 model to make a -400F. There is still a lot of filling and sanding work to get the fuselage ready for paint.

Decals from Flying Colors and PW4000 engines from Braz. I believe the decals are not quite right but I am happy with them the way they are. Hope to report progress shortly.

SIA747-400F.jpg

...and hopefully it ends up something like this:

DSC_3418%20747-412F%209V-SFP%20Singapore%20Airlines%20Cargo%20left%20front%20take-off%20l.jpg

Thanks chaps,

I dragged this out, still looking for the decals (they are there somewhere) and tended to some filler that had not been sanded yet.

I might take a different course with this one. I usually stick it all together before painting. But I have seen some nice results here and elsewhere where the model was painted in sub assemblies and then assembled. I would also like to do some work with the flaps and pose it as per the picture above. There is something about a rotating 747 that makes it look all the better. It it gets too hard then it will be with unmoded wings.

Stay tuned.

good work so far! :thumbsup2:

Revell's putty "Plasto" is very aggressive to the plastic ... but I have not a clue what different filler to use :(

What filler did you use to add the wings root to the plane?

Hi Micha,

I use Tamiya White or Grey usually. I have also used Squadron White and Grenn and Humbrol Putty. All have worked OK without attacking the plastic. Are you able to get those putty brands where you are?

I dont know ... but I can buy such stuff over the internet :thumbsup2:

• 1 month later...

Failed to meet the dead line, At least it progressed a little more. The fuselage is now painted! Ihope to finish it soon and will post pictures in the appropriate folder.

Congrats to all who finished their builds. It is going to be hard to pick one when the poll goes on line.

• 1 year later...
Sorryto bring this up Ray but do you have any updates on it?

Hi Chris,

This one and the -300 I was using with the spare parts are still sitting in the box waiting their time. I got a base coat of white onthe fuselage but that's about tit.

May drag it out again soon.