completed brick's

Mark M

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys

Here she is done and dusted.A memory of the nuclear strike role that the Bucc was so well designed for. This is 119 of 801 squadron RN.

PIC_0155.jpg

PIC_0145.jpg

PIC_0147.jpg

PIC_0157.jpg

October 2nd to 30th Nov is 2 months so quite a long build but a lot of time was taken doing the new intakes so overall another good fun build.

Thanks to the administrators and those who proposed the group build.

Colin W

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I'm calling my 1/72 Airfix Buccaneer with Modeldecal XV Squadron decals finished! My short build thread is here

I enjoyed the build, but was disappointed with the fit of the various parts, which are not up to modern standards. I elected to remove all the raised detail, but so much filler was required around the nose and tail, that I lost all the detail there as well.

She was brush-painted in the 1974 scheme of gloss Dark Green (H163) and gloss Dark Grey (H164) over gloss Light Aircraft Grey (H166). I struggled to find reference pictures that clearly showed the camouflage patterns on the slipper tanks, so a little educated guesswork was employed. All these paints are satin, so I applied a coat of Klear, followed by a wash of W&N Raw Umber to tone things down and blend everything together. It made me realise how much I miss the varied camouflage schemes of bygone years.

The decals were a little troublesome (particularly the yellow stripes) as they were quite old, but I got there in the end.

The canopy is not glued in place, so I can pose it in different positions.

I have the 1/48 version in the "to do" pile, but I don't think that I'm ready for another Bucc just yet!

buccfin.jpg

buccfin1.jpg

buccfin2.jpg

I know that the Buccaneer was a large aeroplane, but putting her next to the svelte lines of the Jaguar really emphasises her size.

buccjag.jpg

I hope you like her. She's not perfect, but she looks like a Buccaneer to me!

• 2 weeks later...

1/48 Airfix kit with ModelAlliance decals, Neomega cockpit and added Tornado nose cone.

190120111218.jpg

190120111216.jpg

190120111217.jpg

190120111219.jpg

Edited by attman007
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

G'day people,

Here is my completed matchbox 1/72 SAAF Buccaneer S.Mk.50.

The underwing stores are scratchbuilt, as none are commercially available. the wing pylons are Airfix items and the seats were robbed from a Hasegawa 1/72 F-4E. I have added a few other tweaks. The WIP is here:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=62130

dscn4367c.jpg

dscn4354t.jpg

dscn4353f.jpg

dscn4359f.jpg

dscn4358e.jpg

dscn4357n.jpg

dscn4355p.jpg

dscn4360n.jpg

dscn4365.jpg

dscn4364b.jpg

dscn4362.jpg