welcome to the Buccaneer GB

Mark M

i will also make a second bucc but this one will become part of a 208sqn display with the brick in the 75th aniversary scheem flying in formation with the 90th aniversary hawk on a black base with the sqn crest on the base, well thats the plan

Mine's definitely going to be a Granby model, I've lived in Bahrain for the past four years and flown in and out of Muharraq more times than I care to mention.

Probably just straight out of the box Airfix, but there's time enough yet...

cool but watch the decals the seriel numbers are wrong, i cant remeber what it should be off the top of my head but they are wrong, but i think i have some spares if you need them

cool but watch the decals the seriel numbers are wrong, i cant remeber what it should be off the top of my head but they are wrong, but i think i have some spares if you need them

Oh I really don't need an excuse to get some decals!!

Now remind me - how many other pink 'uns are we expecting and which ones aren't yet due to appear then??

what scale, im going at some point to do a 1/48 and a 1/72 pink one, now i have loads (the whole sheet) of decals for the 1/48 but i need some for the 1/72 it would be nice if we all did a different one, but i guess many will go with the 1/72 kit decals

what scale, im going at some point to do a 1/48 and a 1/72 pink one, now i have loads (the whole sheet) of decals for the 1/48 but i need some for the 1/72 it would be nice if we all did a different one, but i guess many will go with the 1/72 kit decals

I'm game to go halves with you on a sheet of 1/72 - or anything up to 1/13 of the cost of a sheet if there are a dozen people wanting to build pink ones!

Well, bit the bullet and just ordered a load of bits from Hannants. Decided to get a detailing kit for the interior rather than replacing it altogether. Also got exterior kit, seats and flaps. I think I'll stick with the kit Navy decals.

Recently started a 1:48 Buccaneer S.1 using the Heritage intakes......I need some motivation to continue with it so it looks like the GB may be the answer. Hope to finish it in the overall white scheme (what else ?) with 809 NAS markings.

Tiger331

I'm game to go halves with you on a sheet of 1/72 - or anything up to 1/13 of the cost of a sheet if there are a dozen people wanting to build pink ones!

im up for it any one else? shall we just split the whole cost between all buyers i will order ir if people are happy and photo copy the instructions and post them out, but idealy we nee more people

Result! Got home and there it was. Lovely box of bits. Some nice resin seats and flaps, a PE interior kit and PE exterior kit.

Decided against a full resin cockpit as the kit one isn't too bad, just needs tarting up, and the canopy is going to be closed anyway.

Most of the exterior kit won't be used either as a lot of it is for the wing folds and I plan to have the wings down. Oh well, it means I'll have to get another one in the future....what a shame, lol

I will throw my Bucc into the ring as well. I will try my hand at the 32nd scale Aerodynamix kit. Since we have six months to complete this I with either succede or become discouraged and fail miserberly :oops:

Flagon

Ive now orderd more yellow so i can finish painting my current Buccaneer and get on with my next one.

cool! i havent got time at the moment even to open the boxes, i cant wait till next week when the scholl holiday is over and the lad goes back to school!

I would like to take part in the Buccaneer GB but have never done a group build before. Hopefully I'm not too late to take part?! As you can see I'm a forum noob and would like to know how it works and what I need to do to get involved.

I would like to take part in the Buccaneer GB but have never done a group build before. Hopefully I'm not too late to take part?! As you can see I'm a forum noob and would like to know how it works and what I need to do to get involved.

Hi Sundown, I hope I'm not stealing Mark's thunder - but welcome to Britmodeller :post1: , and thanks for inquiring about this GB.

This GB has been running for less that a week, so you're by not means late. This one goes on until 26 Feb 2011.

The idea is that you build a model Buccaneer, and post pictures and commentary of your progress as you go along.

Other posters will comment , encourage and banter in good nature as your model progresses.

Look at a few threads on this GB, or look at my Jag GB thread http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8105 to see how it works.

On completion you will be able to post photos to the Completed Bricks thread and be eligible to take part in any wrapping-up activities - such as a competition for best model.

Hope that explains everything - and we hear from you soon.

Welcome!

Hi Sundown, I hope I'm not stealing Mark's thunder - but welcome to Britmodeller :post1: , and thanks for inquiring about this GB.

This GB has been running for less that a week, so you're by not means late. This one goes on until 26 Feb 2011.

The idea is that you build a model Buccaneer, and post pictures and commentary of your progress as you go along.

Other posters will comment , encourage and banter in good nature as your model progresses.

Look at a few threads on this GB, or look at my Jag GB thread http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8105 to see how it works.

On completion you will be able to post photos to the Completed Bricks thread and be eligible to take part in any wrapping-up activities - such as a competition for best model.

Hope that explains everything - and we hear from you soon.

like the man said just open a thread!