Burkina faso F.6b Lightning

Gekko_1

OK guys, here's the profile for the jet I'll be doing. :pumpkin:

BurkinaFasoLVis.jpg

I'll be building the Trumpeter 72nd scale kit with some aftermarket bits added to it too. :banghead:

I'll be creating a small background story here for this particular jet, however the bulk of the story can be found here:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16534

Hopefully I'll be able to add some more to that story soon :wicked:

Cheers

Richard.

I've decided to change the profile a little. :wacko: I quite like the idea of low-vis roundels to match the fin, plus I boosted the contrast of the camouflage scheme.

bklowvisblog.jpg

I'm working on the paint mixes for this scheme and so far, using Gunze Sangyo colours, I've chosen H64 RLM Dark Green 71 for the dark green, H336 Hemp for the light tan, although a percentage of white will need to be added, and H58 Interior Green for the mid green. I may add 10% of the Hemp mix in with the H58? We'll see how things go once I do a test piece.

Here are the bits that I'll be adding

bitsoverview.jpg

They are the Aires 7206 - BAC EE Lightning F Mk. 2/6 cockpit set and Aires 7213 - BAC Lightning F.6/F.2A exhaust nozzles. And very nice they are too!

seatphotoetch.jpg

instpanel.jpg

cockpit-1.jpg

Cheers

Richard.

I like the new adjusted profiles and I am intrigued to see how your paint mixing goes.

One of the many things I love about your profiles is how you incorporate the flags into the fins, it looks great in high and low vis and its even better when you extend the colors to the anti glare like these:

palestine.jpg

RAF31.jpg

Edited by TaiidanTomcat

Now that's interesting! What's the story behind that?

Hi Enzo,

no story for this one as yet, but I'm guessing that the Drakens and Hawkeye were downed over Africa somewhere! :hmmm:

Cheers

Richard.

I like 1 and 4 the best but i can see number 3 being very popular. There all great really and i dont envy you having to choose one if all else fails do them all

Russ