Grumman F-14M Tomcat F2

Jabba

The serial number on the ventral strakes is a great touch!

Thanks for the comments. I put the Serial No on the ventral fins as they would normally have been on the lower fin, so as this was taken up with the main design I thought that the lower fins were the next best place especially as the numbers were in yellow.

A little progress has been made with the painting of the weaponry and the wheelie things.

• 2 weeks later...

Not much has been done to this model as I have been away eating sausages where Blackadder didn't quite make it to. Anyhow I have managed to get the undercarriage and doors fitted and have started to do some of the finer bits of painting. I have also started to paint the weaponry and the bang seats. Whilst I was decalling the model I found some 111 Sqn lightning flash markings that fitted the fuel tank rather well. Hopefully not much more now before she is completed.

TomcatF2029.jpg

TomcatF2028.jpg

TomcatF2030.jpg

TomcatF2031.jpg

looking good.... did the sausage you ate contain a picture of the "Fallen Madonna with the Big Boobies" by Van Klomp???

like the little detail of the flashes on the drop tanks...... makes it more than just an afterthought (to me anyway)......

What colors did you use exactly?

For the top colour it is Humbrol Barley Grey, Underneath Humbrol Light Aircraft Grey, the tail is Revell 303 with gloss varnish, with some of the yellow (mainly to the top rear of each fin) being the closest that I could get to the decal that was used.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...