RAF 11 Sqn Airbus A380 MPA

bexwh773

Devilfish, my original plan was to use the Cutaway kit that Revell produced and go totally bonkers on the inside, but at the time, this one only cost £9.99 where as the cutaway was £20 which was out of my budget :doh:

Bexy

Damn and curse this economic situation!! :rant:

Paul

hi Bexy!

Did you already add the Lufthansa decals 51 to 54 to the engines?

First ... the images on the manual look a bit different from the aircraft engines. And then they only show the outer both engines. That manual is totally confusing me. The decals 51 to 54 don't match to the engines. The lower bows are too tight for the wider engine bows. I moved those decals a bit backwards now.

boah ... I hate Revell's decals. I never have got any decal set of Revell that really matched.

Damn and curse this economic situation!! :rant:

Paul

Tell me about it, but when I do my final pics for this thread I will be laying out my exact tech specs and fittings for the airframe.

hi Bexy!

Did you already add the Lufthansa decals 51 to 54 to the engines?

First ... the images on the manual look a bit different from the aircraft engines. And then they only show the outer both engines. That manual is totally confusing me. The decals 51 to 54 don't match to the engines. The lower bows are too tight for the wider engine bows. I moved those decals a bit backwards now.

boah ... I hate Revell's decals. I never have got any decal set of Revell that really matched.

Micha,

I still have the engine stencils to apply, however, looking at my sheet, 51 for me is a "Silver Triangle" shaped thingy and 54 is a large "plate" that goes behind the elevators......... However, to save money, this plates were not fitted to the RAF versions :whistle:

You can see from the photo below what stencils I have left to add to the airframe, and you can see if my Idiot Guide matches yours :thumbsup2:

Bexy

DSCF4129.jpg

DSCF4128.jpg

DSCF4130.jpg

DSCF4127.jpg

... 54 is a large "plate" that goes behind the elevators......... However, to save money, this plates were not fitted to the RAF versions :whistle:

Imaginitive excuse, but these are kinda essential Bex. Why not slice them in half and fit them in 2 pieces? :)

Imaginitive excuse, but these are kinda essential Bex. Why not slice them in half and fit them in 2 pieces? :)

Hi ya Kirk,

Right then, Ive spoken to my friend "A N Other" and they agree I need those panels, so I will have to slice & dice the decals and we have also discussed locations on the airframe where I can add counter measures, so watch this space :yahoo:

Bexy

Hi ya Kirk,

Right then, Ive spoken to my friend "A N Other" and they agree I need those panels, so I will have to slice & dice the decals and we have also discussed locations on the airframe where I can add counter measures, so watch this space :yahoo:

Bexy

actually, I'd like to agree your first post about to keep them away from the plane...

but first, the INTERFLUG would be the BIGGEST airline worldwide today :elephant:

and 2ndly ... they're on the plane already ;)

actually, I'd like to agree your first post about to keep them away from the plane...

but first, the INTERFLUG would be the BIGGEST airline worldwide today :elephant:

and 2ndly ... they're on the plane already ;)

Git...........:bleh::tease::rofl: P.S: Micha I HATE YOU :tease:

NEWSFLASH

Ok then Ladies and Gentlemen, after discussions with BAe & Airbus, it was decided that the metalic plates behind the elevators were required after all and have been retrofitted as a Post 2009 MOD...... Next on the list is fitting of the wing mounted H&D pods, these have now been fitted to the prototype airframe of the Airbus MPA and have been tested aerodynamically (sp?).

DSCF4131.jpg

DSCF4132.jpg

DSCF4133.jpg

DSCF4134.jpg

DSCF4135.jpg

DSCF4136.jpg

DSCF4137.jpg

DSCF4138.jpg

DSCF4139.jpg

DSCF4140.jpg

Git...........:bleh::tease::rofl: P.S: Micha I HATE YOU :tease:

you're not alone ... there are lots of people in the world who hate me ... including myself :D;)

I love all the accessories on your jet :thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

But what does that orange rocket doing under the wing? :blink:

you're not alone ... there are lots of people in the world who hate me ... including myself :D;)

Thats ok then Im glad Im not alone :rofl:

I love all the accessories on your jet :thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

Thank you muchlys my friend :thumbsup2:

But what does that orange rocket doing under the wing? :blink:

They are the Hose & Drogue units off "scrapped" VC10s

bexy, you're completely bonkers! :elephant:

Hovis...... You have only just noticed...... You want complete bonkers, check out my 31 Sqn PR-4 Phantom :whistle:

Bexy

Hovis...... You have only just noticed...... You want complete bonkers, check out my 31 Sqn PR-4 Phantom :whistle:

Bexy

Now there's a thought... stick a recce pod under your Airbus and it could do that job too :analintruder:

They are the Hose & Drogue units off "scrapped" VC10s

I don't understand :(

I looked into the dictionary but this confused me completely :bangin:

Bexy! There's something you forgot!!!

The bomb bay!

smart-bomb-3.jpg

;):D

Sorry Micha.

The pods under the wings...

VC10.ZA148a2a-2-thumb-450x300-39744.jpg

aahhh! Now I understand! That's the control unit of the fuel system for the smaller jets behind the large jet!

THANKS!!! :thumbsup2:

Edited by Micha

Hi ya Kirk,

Bexy

Good choice :winkgrin:. It's coming on nicely. I had a bit of a thought about EW equipment; I guess in its AWACS role, your aircraft has a pretty good idea about any aircraft in the area & no doubt there is some sophisticated jamming/radar warning equipment on that top deck. So maybe all that it needs is some missile approach warning receiver lumps & bumps (somewhere between the size of a tennis ball and a kiddie football full size) at the wingtips and nose & tail and a good sprinkling of countermeasures (chaff/flare) ejectors.

Thanks for the comments Gang :thumbsup2:

Micha, I had originally thought about a bomb bay, with the aim of incorporating a Maritime Recon role aswell, however, due to the way the A380 is contructed there are spars and fuel tanks in the way.

Mish, I'll stick with what I have, this has been hard enough :suicide:

Kirk, Ive been thinking about this too, so, I have added a chaff & flare pod to the aircraft and the antennae for the missile / threat warning systems are in the winglets. Once I have finished the aircraft, I will have a full listing of equipment, layout and fittings.

Latest update then folks, I have now added the chaff & flare pod to the centreline, all decals & stencils are now finished, all that remains are the winglets, refuelling probe, windscreen, landing lights & wingtip lights (which are enroute from Mr. Revell :pray: )

Thanks for looking and comments always welcome :thumbsup2:

Bexy

Chaff & Flare Pod:

DSCF4143.jpg

DSCF4142.jpg

Everything else :lol:

DSCF4147.jpg

DSCF4146.jpg

DSCF4145.jpg

DSCF4144.jpg

DSCF4141.jpg