Wokkas over Formby !

Ian

Yep it's that time of year again, when the residents of Formby and Hightown get to listen to the relentless pounding of multiple Chinook's, Sea Kings and Lynx's. About three times a year a whole bunch of the aforementioned arrive at Altcar Training Camp, just over the fields from my house - for a series of 'special' off-shore exercises with the rigs in Liverpool Bay and beyond.

They arrived on Tue, but I only got time to cycle down there this afternoon. As I use 35mm, it will be a while before y'all see the results. They should be worth it.... great light this afternoon !! :elephant:

Ian

Ian,

They are nice as long as the don't get between Altcar and the Warton MATZ further cluttering the already tiny area of ops for Woodvale :) Grumble Gumble. In 2001 I turned down a "lift" from a RN Sea King from Woodvale to drop us at Birkdale sands (Or Southport International as I liked to call it). ..I can't believe it now !!

Cheers,

Ed

• 4 weeks later...

Here's a couple of the better ones..... Not as good as I hoped-for, but what the h*ll ! :shithappens:

Photo16_14.jpg

Photo13_11.jpg

Photo12_10.jpg

Photo14_12.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Ian