Royal Aircraft Establishment GB

RobMac

I was thinking about group builds and wondered what else we could do.

I then thought about this Royal Aircraft Establishment Build as an idea. The common thought would be Rasberry Ripple schemes but I'm thinking that we do not have just aircraft in the usual red, white and blue colours but aircraft that wore the colours of just red and yellow, common at RAE Bedford and Llanberdr for example. Their are a lot of aircraft that had these colours between the 1960's-80's. I remember being on holiday when a kid at a Caravan site at the end of Llanbedr's runway and watching Meteors guiding in Jindervik remote aircraft and skidding them in on the runway into a catch net.

I think the options available would be quite substancial and would also make a great Group Build.

What do you think people?

Interested members so far:-

RobMac

F111Fan

Notdoneyet

Whirly

RussTnailZ

Giorgio (prov)

Pigsty (prov)

kspriss

Edited by RobMac

COUNT ME IN!!!!!!!!!! So many schemes I could do-phantom, cranberry... Oh, this will take time to choose! Hows the B-17 coming along BTW?

Miss Lace is on the shelf Tom. Never intended it to be a quick build and the thread as it is, is how far I've got. Metal materials is an issue at the mo and may need to compramise.

I may end up building Alley Cat's 1/48th GAF Jindivik based at RAE Llanbedr-I was on holiday near that very air station 2 weeks ago! Had no idea that it was an RAE base though :D

I'm building one at the moment (as a tribute to the years I spent trying to shoot them down :D ) - it's a lovely little kit.

I'm interested in the GB too - a Hawk (XX154) and/or a Meteor U.16 Drone (WK800) beckon methinks ....

Ian

Edited by Notdoneyet

Oh dear, that would be a very interesting GB, with plenty of subjects... I'd like to take part as I'm planning a build of XP605, using a matchbox gnat. Problem is that without knowing when the GB will be it's hard to be 100% sure of taking part. However I'd be very interested !

Hmmmm so many choices why does ripple suit everything. Ok im down to 3 harrier tonka or seaking

Russ

Right, (provisionally) I will do a Handley Page HP.115 (if I can find a kit of it!), a 1/48th GAF Jindivik and a 1/72nd RAE Tonka :D And Rob, I presume you are hosting, and if so, I'd be more than happy to co-host with you :D

Edited by F111Fan

• 2 weeks later...
And Rob, I presume you are hosting, and if so, I'd be more than happy to co-host with you :D

I haven't been asked too host it but I will if thats what we all want and yes, I'd be more than happy for you to co host it with me Tom.

• 1 month later...