Hurricane Mk1 Cockpit colour

crobinsonh

Hello!

A Finnish colleague who has researched this stuff commented that the Finnish Hurricanes got armour installed in April-May 1940.

That is too early for them to be Finnish-made. So probably the green on the armour is also Interior Green.

I attach pictures of the back armour..:

IMG_6970.JPG

... and the curved head armour, both with the Pantone cyan, magenta, yellow and black samples.

IMG_6791.JPG

The greens seem to differ somewhat, head armour being slightly yellowish?

Cheers,

Kari

• Like 1

it was not so much the interior green but what was or wasn't painted that colour . l see that the Mk I the tubular frame was painted silver and the gun bay interior but when it comes to the Mk IIC was it the case or was there a change and everything was painted that interior green?

• 1 year later...

Just found this thread, the photos of the Finnish Hurricane are stunning, it really is a time capsule which I have admired for some time and I`d love to see it for real!

Cheers

Tony O

• 2 years later...

Hello!Thought I would share some of the photos result of a recent visit to the Finnish Air Force museum at Tikkakoski, near Jyväskylä, Finland......

WONDERFUL photos, thank you for sharing!!!!

Edited by StevSmar

A link to this thread here maybe of interest

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/61201-gloster-hurricane-cockpit-colour/

as I added a load of photos of wrecked Hurricanes in France.

Also this contains discussion about a change over to interior grey green, and two other unrestored of wrecks recovred from Russia with aluminium framework

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234963507-all-the-hurricane-questions-you-want-to-ask-here/page-3#entry1682406

as these cross links do help.