New 1:48th injection Gloster Gauntlet

John Aero

Been looking forward to this for a long time John :) Pics look good. Have you got any more details.......... likely release date, decals, price etc ?

Gary.

No more details at present,except that it will have all new resin cowl and white metal parts. As you can see from the sprues it will have both types of wheel and both two and three blade props. As to the decals I will release the initial batch (if all goes well) with the original

46 and 74 decals.

John

That looks rather nice John... Especially the seat assembly - nice & fine :thumbsup: Now don't go & spoil it by telling me it has REALLY complex rigging :lol:

• 1 month later...
That's looking good, John!

Ready for Telford??

Well it was ready for Telford and is now quivering in fear on the bench as I caress my scalpel. Plans are to suspend everything else modelling-wise - wotyou mean you can't suspend inactivity??? - and get stuck into this one aided by Mushroom Models nice book and the luverly Model Alliance decals I gathered to my manly bosom on Saturday.

Plan is to use a Vector Mercury engine, bits from Eduard's Galdiator fret (got a spare in one of my many Imsureihaventgotthis senior moments) and possibly some parts from the Roden Gladiator. I aim to finish it as K5358 of 17Sqn, Kenley 1937. The two-bay wings will make the use of John's biplane jig (sounds like a natty dance, that "now put your hands together for the Britmodeller formation dance troup and John's Biplane Jig" might be an idea for some entertainment at Telford next year?...oh alright, please yourselves) de rigeur.

There. Now I've done it. Got to actually build summat now......don't Badger me - can't abide being badgered ....'cept if its a real badger, they're nice, they are, in a stripey snuffling sort of way, you understand.

This is great - I can waffle away here in interwar obscurity without any chance of being noticed. I know it's autumn but those leaves blowing by are from LAST year. I can type anything I want and nobody will ever read it - strange mix of freedom and futility, that, not sure if I really like it. Maybe I'll stop.

then again I might ramble on a bit more to practise my typing "skills", I might not eevn bthoher sleinpg tnihsg in the rghit odrrue (ha! caught you out there did'nt I?) except it's more trouble than doing things in the right order. So I won't do it anymore.

Those Model Alliance decals are top hole - getting all dribbly about a silver Snipe and a Bulldoggie as well - hmmm. well. first things first, where did I put my modelling desk........ ah thats right, under the dirty washing and orange peel in the corner. Must clean up more. There's a book to go with the Decals, I now see - should have added that to the shopping trolley on Saturday - hey that's an idea for next year, shopping trolleys, would beat the hell out of crummy backpacks, could have knives on the wheels and everything.....

Well, my non-existent readers, I think I'll post progress here rather than clutter up the grey jet airwaves, feel free to ignore me at anytime.

Oh, John, you don't mind me hijacking your thread do you? Doubt you will as you're probably the only person here who'd really be interested......

Went into a cafe yesterday which advertised that they would sell breakfast at any time, so I ordered a bacon sandwich in the Jurrasic. (With apologies to John Hall and Stephen Fry)

Bye for now (copywrite Brett Green Enterprises)

I read that all the way through, thinking there must be something worthwhile at the end - and there was. That joke has always made me laugh :clap2:

PS. The 'Wings of Silver' book is good, I got mine from Hannants a couple of weeks ago, mainly for the 1 Sqn profiles.

:tumble:

:whistle:

I read that all the way through, thinking there must be something worthwhile at the end - and there was. That joke has always made me laugh :clap2:

PS. The 'Wings of Silver' book is good, I got mine from Hannants a couple of weeks ago, mainly for the 1 Sqn profiles.

Oi, you two! stop posting on my secret thread!

Ha! Meester Bont, So you think you can blow me of course with your postings:

Started! Naah na ni naa na :

P1010006.jpg

Well I'm not reading your secret thread, even if you beg, prostrated & genuflecting like an overly servile house-elf.

Ok , so maybe I am reading your thread.

I just wondered - the rather lovely pic above ( laid out with a certain insouciant panache, may I add). On how many modelling benches, does a project begin thus?

All hope and positive expectation, the references carefully dug out or newly bought, the aftermarket resin, the 3rd party decals to give the kit a bit of originality (assuming that model shows will be full of Gauntlets in the coming year that is, " And in the category of Gloster biplane fighters with 2 bay wings, named after mailed fists, the winner is...").

Such is the palette and canvas on which we seek to paint our art.

Some will, like Michaelangeloes of plastic, fashion wonders to behold. Some, like Prince Charleses of sprue create more than passing semblances to the reality of the subject; and some like Frank Spencers of kits, wreak havoc, and seek solace in beer and, well more beer.

Chac'un a son gout, a bit like that other favourite activity of most men, the funs in the doing, not the result, and I'm not talking about gardening either. :closedeyes:

Its always a joy to see a new project started, the hobbyist in the full bloom of creatvity. Its why we have opposing thumbs, I reckon.

Now, Rowan, just promise me one thing...

... dont cock it up, laddy. :)

And can I put a vote in for you doing a Finnish Gauntlet, if the silver wings options goes A over T?

I for one will be viewing the interwar forum from now on. So model on Mr B, your secret thread is no longer caché.

Jon KT, talking drivel, pre-wine for a change.

Well I'm not reading your secret thread, even if you beg, prostrated & genuflecting like an overly servile house-elf.

Ok , so maybe I am reading your thread.

I just wondered - the rather lovely pic above ( laid out with a certain insouciant panache, may I add). On how many modelling benches, does a project begin thus?

All hope and positive expectation, the references carefully dug out or newly bought, the aftermarket resin, the 3rd party decals to give the kit a bit of originality (assuming that model shows will be full of Gauntlets in the coming year that is, " And in the category of Gloster biplane fighters with 2 bay wings, named after mailed fists, the winner is...").

Such is the palette and canvas on which we seek to paint our art.

Some will, like Michaelangeloes of plastic, fashion wonders to behold. Some, like Prince Charleses of sprue create more than passing semblances to the reality of the subject; and some like Frank Spencers of kits, wreak havoc, and seek solace in beer and, well more beer.

Chac'un a son gout, a bit like that other favourite activity of most men, the funs in the doing, not the result, and I'm not talking about gardening either. :closedeyes:

Its always a joy to see a new project started, the hobbyist in the full bloom of creatvity. Its why we have opposing thumbs, I reckon.

Now, Rowan, just promise me one thing...

... dont cock it up, laddy. :)

And can I put a vote in for you doing a Finnish Gauntlet, if the silver wings options goes A over T?

I for one will be viewing the interwar forum from now on. So model on Mr B, your secret thread is no longer caché.

Jon KT, talking drivel, pre-wine for a change.

Blimey and I thought I was de-trollyed. Get some vino down your neck, quick!

'Ere Jon-boy, I don't cock up my models. At the first sign of any difficulty I just stop and start something else. Bloody cheek!

No Finnish Gauntlet, I'm afraid.

And I think that qualifies as badgering and that is something up with which I will not put - from a non-badger anyway.

The unspoken accusation is clear. Your talking about the Typhoon aren't you? Give me time, the muse has flown and yet, it may return....... I am the Mr Toad of the modelling world, you know - Oh bliss, Oh poop etc etc..........

"And I think that qualifies as badgering and that is something up with which I will not put - from a non-badger anyway."

I'm told I have a face like the aforementioned animals posterior, so I make that as i qualify as a badger, in which case - would that be OK?

I'm not levelling unspoken accusations at you about the Typhoon - We all know you accidentally decalled it as a FW 190, in a bizarre small scale recognition mishap, that uncannily recalls its own wartime service, and that you are, as we speak, altering the records at Kew to show that a certain Adolf "Johnny" McGalland flew clandestine missions in a machine he called a "Taifun" ( his erks put it down to his strange mttel european scottish accent - " Ver is mein Taifun, Och ay von noo?").

Its OK - I've uncorked the vino now, so normal service will be resumed in about 3 glasses time ( or 5 minutes as its also called)

Keep posting the Gauntlet pics - I'm starting to feel like doing something with rigging now...

Jon KT

Right, having finally read through all that, er... 'conversation' I'm sure I picked up something about a new kit of a Gloster Gauntlet and some decal sheets that covered not only said machine but also the Hawker Fury?

In which case - cool! Think the stash is about to grow again :rolleyes:

Right, having finally read through all that, er... 'conversation' I'm sure I picked up something about a new kit of a Gloster Gauntlet and some decal sheets that covered not only said machine but also the Hawker Fury?

In which case - cool! Think the stash is about to grow again :rolleyes:

And the Sopwith Snipe, Bristol Bulldog and Gladiator! Yum Yum!

The website seems to be undergoing a re-vamp at the mo:

http://www.theaviationworkshop.co.uk/index.html

By god lads you can't half talk some crap when you put your mind to it! :lol:

I doff my cap to Mr Kunac-Tabinor for coming out with that waffle stone cold sober though... congratulations sport! ;)

... Mr Broadbent... have you been sniffing the liquid glue? If not... please begin at the earliest opportunity. :mental:

By god lads you can't half talk some crap when you put your mind to it! :lol:

As someone once said, "If these guys arn't on hard drugs, they should be!" :lol: