F-37A BAe Systems Typhoon

Paul

In 2010 a USAF review of air combat training concluded that the aggressor squadrons were less effective since the move away from the F-5 to the F-15 and F-16.

It was decided that a programme of dissimilar air combat training should once again be initiated. The programme became known as DAP (Dissimilar Adversary Programme).

The SAAB Gripen, Dassault Rafale, and Eurofighter Typhoon were all evaluated and the Typhoon was chosen. The RAF saw an opportunity to generate income from the current fleet of aircraft and agreed to lease 6 FGR.4 and 2 T.1 aircraft for 2 years (initially) and also to provide the pilot training project for the USAF aircrew.

The aircraft were flown to the US, repainted in current USAF aggressor schemes and designated the F-37A Typhoon.

Edited by Paul

• 2 weeks later...

I can't wait to get started on this beauty tomorrow!

Typhoon1.jpg

I plan to finish the aircraft in the sand/tan/sea green scheme, using a mix of the Two Bobs stencils and the low viz stencils provided in the kit for the Italian version.

• 3 weeks later...

A bit of a progress update, fuselage is together and just need a bit of a tidy up.

I would have moved this along further, but I managed to stab myself in the thumb with a scalpel whilst fettling the intake divider!

Typhoon3-1.jpg

Looking forward to getting some wraparound camo on this one!

• 2 weeks later...
nice... I have a feeling that this is one aircraft that will suit wrap-around camo... looking forward to it......

I agree the typhoon looks really good as soon as you give it a non plain paint job

Russ

I agree the typhoon looks really good as soon as you give it a non plain paint job

Russ

lets get digital, digital

i wanna get digital

lets get in to digital

time to stop banging on about digital schemes and leave everyone to divise their own paint-job ;-)

• 3 weeks later...