Welcome to the Group Build

We would like to welcome you to the Battle of Britain 70th Anniversary Group Build. This Group build is dedicated to the men and women both Military and Civilian of both sides that lost their lives during this period.

This time in the history of World War Two saw Britain on the verge of invasion of the Axis powers. It was indeed a bleak time for all the peoples of Briain and her allies.

In the words of Prime Minister Winston Churchill

"...The gratitude of every home in our Island, in our Empire, and indeed throughout the world, except in the abodes of the guilty, goes out to the British airmen who, undaunted by odds, unwearied in their constant challenge and mortal danger, are turning the tide of the World War by their prowess and by their devotion. Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few. All our hearts go out to the fighter pilots, whose brilliant actions we see with our own eyes day after day…"

Your Hosts

Mish and Paul

Many thanks as always for setting things up Mish :D

Hope everyone will enjoy participating in the GB.

Am looking forward to it though my plans for a Stuka have pretty much been shot down in flames as the kit has the wrong sub-type.

There is a Spanish Civil War Bf109E-3 in the stash, so if I can get some decals I think that may be the way to go.

Having started 3 hurris for GB's and finished none so far I don't wish to add a 4th.

I'd like to join in with a pair of 1/144 Hurricanes ala the sweet "SWEET" kit. You get two a/c in the box with markings for a number or BoB aces...."Tally Ho!" wot...

BoBCheers,

ggc

Edited by CPNGROATS

They are said to be sweet by nature too ggc!

Please ensure that the markings fit the timeframe ;)

Well the box art sez so, however, I'll look into it...perhaps posting the b/a and instruction illustrations would help by letting the resident BoB experten have a look/say...

Cheers,

ggc

• 3 weeks later...

I feel the Dornier Do17Z is sorely under-represented in this group build........Not sure I could get my CA one done in the time frame though.

I shall ponder over it tonight!

Howard

A97_6987.jpg

Just a quick bit of fun with the photo software - I've not entered the GB (got a lot on my plate at home...) but just finished an airfix 1\48 Hurricane and I wanted to take advantage of clear skies over the garden for a bit of self-indulgence. Decals are L2110 HE-B 263 Sqn Grangemouth 1940 from http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/RAF4801 . Went on really nicely - and I built this one since I lived close to Grangemouth over thirty years ago.

Edited by The Velociweiler

• 1 month later...

I'll dive in with this one.

1/32 Revell (Classic kit) Hurricane Mk1a. Its going to be the Flt Lt Nicolson's aircraft NG-A P3576, oh and it came from Boscombe Down!!.