DH88 Comet

dylan the rabbit

it was also Black Magic (G-ACSP) not G-ACSS that became Salazar. I'm blaming being tired and fat fingers for that mistake!

The only photo I have of K5084 shows a bright sheen to her and looks more white then silver. I found in the past references to both silver and white. I asked someone working on SS at Old Warden and he didn't know for sure but seemed to think she was white.

No, definitely silver - if you would like to learn a bit more about the Comets, I would recommend "DH 88" by David Ogilvy as a starting point; it has photos of the 88s in all their various guises.

Thanks Iain, I stand corrected!

I've been looking for that book for a while, its been out of print for a few years apparently.l Got outbid on the last copy on ebay by a few quid. All I have been working in is the contents of all the DH88 websites and several clippings from Aeroplane Monthly and Flypast (plus the real thing just up t'road!)

Thanks Iain, I stand corrected!

I've been looking for that book for a while, its been out of print for a few years apparently.l Got outbid on the last copy on ebay by a few quid. All I have been working in is the contents of all the DH88 websites and several clippings from Aeroplane Monthly and Flypast (plus the real thing just up t'road!)

Yes, after posting I had a look around all the usual sources for aviation books and there wasn't one anywhere. Very unusual, as you can usually find most books however rare - sometimes at a price that would make your eyes water, though. If you have any queries re the Comet, just ask and I'll see if I can help out.

I've spent ages looking for Squadron Signal No 3, Luftwaffe Bombers, no joy so far.